cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

P-30 series air bag info

udidwht
Explorer
Explorer
With respect to ride height there is a lot of confusion it's measurement. The service manual states no mention of actual load only the rating of the axle. This will be in the motorhome (mine is on closet door 4880lb front axle).

When measuring the front you measure the distance between the upper control arm and the base of where the control arm bumper sits (iron to iron) ignore the rubber bumper. It must also be measured with the max psi from manual (mine is 50psi). Many have said to measure from the top of the bumper to the upper control arm. This is incorrect. It must also be perpendicular to the upper control arm when measuring.

Once measured that measurement is attained use it to compare in the service alignment graph to decide which degree setting is used when aligning the front.

Do not go over the recommended max psi for the front axle rating.
1994 Fleetwood Southwind Storm
P-30 chassis 7.4L 454 TBI 58,301 miles and counting....(as of 06/08/19)
VIN# 1GBJP37N4R3314754
Flight System Generator man 360 (PM me)
15 REPLIES 15

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
p-30 IN COIL AIR BAGS ARE not MEANT to increase front ride height. They are meant to INCREASE the front axle weight rating. There is a set pressure you install and I believe it is either 80 or 90 lbs of pressure. It has been 30 years since I have had to work on and look at P-30 front chassis air bags. Doug