cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Perry Georgia Rally in March (FMCA)

mac51
Explorer
Explorer
Considering our first rally southeast (we're In W/Pa)Anyone considering this trip from north?. Looks like a good rally to go to just not sure what the weather will be like. Has anyone else attended Perry last year and what your thoughts. Thank you for any thoughts or suggestions. Mac
2002 HR Vacationer 32pbd Ford V-10
Davis Tru-Trac/Bilsteins
Henderson rear trac bar
2016 Equinox V-6
14 REPLIES 14

wannavolunteerF
Explorer
Explorer
I attended last year as a passport attendee since I was between RV's at the time. I learned so much at the seminars I made it to. Like the Generator one by Cummins-- talked about the different models and tricks to each. I saw lots of things for sale to help with organization that are now on my "wish list" and I enjoyed visiting with others. Since this year I am registered with my MH on site, I will be eating in my MH to save a few dollars and have better choices.
2015 FR Georgetown 378TS

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Which cost do you find prohibitive? If you can't afford the rally fee, then paying for the gas to get there is completely out of the question!
If you are waiting for a similar excellent adventure but hope the next one will be free, you may have a very long wait.
I have never been to an FMCA National Rally where I felt like I paid too much.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
wa8yxm wrote:
Half of me wants to go but the cost is prohibitive I think still (Perhaps next year) I"m 2 hours from Perry.

Two hours! Try coming from WA state and routing to stay out of bad weather

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Half of me wants to go but the cost is prohibitive I think still (Perhaps next year) I"m 2 hours from Perry.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Been there! Got the T-Shirt (the good one)!
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
Best advice.....If you are going to Perry and it rains.....DO NOT MOVE! Be patient and wait it out. It will dry out enough for you to leave "soon". If you can't stay an extra day or 2 due to your schedule and they are calling for rain, get out before that happens. If you move before you should and get stuck YOU have to pay the huge tow bill.

Best advice yet

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Best advice.....If you are going to Perry and it rains.....DO NOT MOVE! Be patient and wait it out. It will dry out enough for you to leave "soon". If you can't stay an extra day or 2 due to your schedule and they are calling for rain, get out before that happens. If you move before you should and get stuck YOU have to pay the huge tow bill.

Big_Katuna
Explorer II
Explorer II
dons2346 wrote:
I'm coming from Birch Bay,WA via Indio,CA, Yuma,AZ, Mexico, and across.

Don't worry about the rain

Donโ€™t worry about the rain? Weโ€™ve been several times and have seen DPs buried up to their hubs in slimy red clay with the big tow truck trying to pull it out sunk to its hubs that had the be pulled out by huge earth movers.

Improvements have been made but if itโ€™s going to rain a lot be forewarned.
My Kharma ran over my Dogma.

WAFlowers
Explorer
Explorer
We were there last year and had a fantastic time! Signed up again and arriving early as a parking volunteer. See you there!
Bill and Willemina Flowers
George, Sammy and Teddy (the dogpack)
2008 Tiffin Phaeton 40QSH
2005 Keystone Monata 3400rl (5/21/11 to 9/9/17)
(Was in a 2000 Coachmen Catalina Sport 220RK)

dons2346
Explorer
Explorer
I'm coming from Birch Bay,WA via Indio,CA, Yuma,AZ, Mexico, and across.

Don't worry about the rain

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The rally site is a good one but I suggest you ensure you are parked on pavement. There have only been a few Perry rallies that did not involve cool weather and plenty of rain. RV's stuck in the mud pop up like weeds in the Spring!

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
We are coming up from Florida as well. I worked a lot in Georgia during the winter. Plan on 60's during the day, 40's at night and you should be fine. And yes, let's hope for no rain...

Al

lj2654
Explorer
Explorer
This will be our first FMCA rally. We are coming from Florida. I am a member of the Diesel RV Club and will be volunteering for this rally. I am not sure of the weather but should be good. Rain concerns me with so many RV's being there and muddy mess...but beside that am ready to check it out.
2001 Beaver Contessa Naples 40
2012 Cadillac Srx
retired AirForce 1979-1992

Trumpet_Player
Explorer
Explorer
Well, didn't attend last year, but have attended the FMCA rally in Perry a couple of times. Great rally and event site. Now the weather... not so much. Unfortunately we had rain (by the buckets) both times we attended. However, didn't stop us from having a good time.

Safe travels.
2012 American Coach Revolution