cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Portable air compressors

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
Hello,I wondered what type or brand of air compressors everyone is using? The portable ones don't look heavy enough for my 22.5 dully wheels, but I hate to lug around a big cylinder type compressor. So let me know what's working for you! Thank you, Lee
23 REPLIES 23

Licreek
Explorer
Explorer
I'm driving a DP but it doesn't have an air port off the tank. Can I have one installed without breaking the bank. By the way where is the port mounted? Do you have to carry 50' of air line?

SidecarFlip
Explorer III
Explorer III
azdryheat wrote:
I can't picture a pancake compressor making a dent on a 22.5 tire.

Depends on how long you can wait to go to the bathroom....:R
2015 Backpack SS1500
1997 Ford 7.3 OBS 4x4 CC LB

Ava
Explorer
Explorer
If your RV has air brakes, attach a fitting to the air system so you use it anytime for tires or tools.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I can't picture a pancake compressor making a dent on a 22.5 tire.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Lwiddis
Explorer
Explorer
Ryobi works for me.
Winnebago 2101DS TT & 2022 Chevy Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71, WindyNation 300 watt solar-Lossigy 200 AH Lithium battery. Prefer boondocking, USFS, COE, BLM, NPS, TVA, state camps. Bicyclist. 14 yr. Army -11B40 then 11A - (MOS 1542 & 1560) IOBC & IOAC grad

kerrlakeRoo
Explorer
Explorer
A couple of months ago I got a Kobalt KLDP1 at lowes for $50. Unit is very compact seems to work well for my pickup and trailer tires. Says max pressure of 120 psi, and has a digital pressure gauge built in. The big selling point for me was dual power. 12 volt cigar plug, or 120 Volt AC capable in one unit.

NCC-1701
Explorer
Explorer
I always just use the air port available right on my motorhome. I've got a 30 gallon compressor at home, but even at full pressure, it's not that effective on big tires if I want to add 5 pounds plus on all tires. The air pressure available right on board does the best job.

If you don't have on board air, you'll need a tank with pretty high pressure and a large enough available volume.
"Second star to the right and straight on 'til morning." Captain Kirk in Star Trek VI 'The Undiscovered Country'

2007 39K Winnebago Journey "The Enterprise"
Jeep Cherokee Sport 4x4

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
Pancakes or hotdogs, 120 volt not 12 volt
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

donn0128
Explorer
Explorer
Porter Cable pancake compressor. For less than a hundred dollars you can beat them.