cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Possible A/C noise solution

perrykoehn
Explorer
Explorer
Been reading for years but hardly ever post. I was camping with friends and came across this possible solution to a problem i've been reading about a lot. Roof a/c units that are very noisy. My friend had a 2014 Tiffin Phaeton with 3 Coleman Mach units on the roof. 2 were very noisy while one was not. The 2 noisy units had a 5 or 6 bladed fan on top and the quiet one had a 3 bladed type. What a difference in sound. All the fans were interchangeable. He is getting with Tiffin about replacing the blades. Hope this helps someone
2006 Rockwood
1998 Dodge 2500
2009 Kawasaki Concours14
7 REPLIES 7

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
Raymon wrote:
rgatijnet1 wrote:
That may work but it also may backfire on them. Just because the fans are mechanically interchangeable does not mean that they all move the same amount of air.

Exactly! The evaporator is designed to require a certain amount of air flow (cfm) across the coil. If the cfm is too high or too low, it will affect the efficiency of the unit. The unit may even freeze up. Before changing the fan blade, the manufacturer of the AC unit should be contacted; the manufacturer will know whether or not the blades can be interchanged.

Ray

But think how QUIET they will be when they no longer work....:W....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
IF the has the 47000 model RVP, there is a optional fan blade that produces less noise that mounts on the condenser fan MOTOR. But, while RVP acknowledges the optional blade, It is NOT a defect but a product enhancement and Tiffin may or may not provide the parts free. The Blade Kit is a 1472B5041 Part Number and the price is around $50 per kit. The new kit the blades are at a different pitch. Doug

Raymon
Explorer
Explorer
rgatijnet1 wrote:
That may work but it also may backfire on them. Just because the fans are mechanically interchangeable does not mean that they all move the same amount of air.

Exactly! The evaporator is designed to require a certain amount of air flow (cfm) across the coil. If the cfm is too high or too low, it will affect the efficiency of the unit. The unit may even freeze up. Before changing the fan blade, the manufacturer of the AC unit should be contacted; the manufacturer will know whether or not the blades can be interchanged.

Ray

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have two different size A/C's here. the font is a 13,500 BTU Carrier Air V, the rear one is an Advent Air 15,000 BTU.

I often have to touch the front one to feel if it's running.. The rear one I can hear. epically when the )(@#$@W condenser fan blew up (yes blew up, blades went flying) thankfully the replacement fan is from an American made A/C.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III

bsinmich
Explorer
Explorer
I can hardly hear the ACs on my ducted ones. Even on high they are very quiet.
1999 Damon Challenger 310 Ford

redguard
Explorer
Explorer
perrykoehn wrote:
Been reading for years but hardly ever post. I was camping with friends and came across this possible solution to a problem i've been reading about a lot. Roof a/c units that are very noisy. My friend had a 2014 Tiffin Phaeton with 3 Coleman Mach units on the roof. 2 were very noisy while one was not. The 2 noisy units had a 5 or 6 bladed fan on top and the quiet one had a 3 bladed type. What a difference in sound. All the fans were interchangeable. He is getting with Tiffin about replacing the blades. Hope this helps someone

wow I have heard several 2013 and 14 tiffin pusher roof airs and there far from noisy