cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Quality of the new Fleetwood

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
I am currently considering upgrading from a gasser to a DP. I would like to consider all reasonable models

I had previously been leery of Fleetwood, based on many reports of quality control problems.

Lately, I have been hearing that the new Fleetwood company is doing much better on quality.

Would appreciate feedback on experiences. Please........ owners of older Fleetwoods, don't attack me. I am just looking for some honest opinions on the new Fleetwood.
21 REPLIES 21

viajante
Explorer
Explorer
Sooner Schooner wrote:
paulcardoza wrote:
If you are looking at buying brand new, expect a laundry list of issues to be dealt with, not matter what manufacturer you choose. Be sure you have easy access to your dealer, or a repair facility that will handle warranty work for you.

We are considering buying a DP motorhome, but I have read and heard statements like this many times. I just can't accept that a very expensive piece of machinery will have a "laundry list" of issues. Somebody needs to be in charge of quality control and if he/she can't do it, then be replaced by someone who can. Just my opinion.

Unfortunately, it is true. Our current rig is an excellent product. However, during the first year, we had a lot of minor issues that had to be addressed by the dealer. Fortunately, Winnebago really stands behind their product and resolved all issues promptly and without any hassles. Remember, you are basically putting a house on wheels and driving it down the road.

Sooner_Schooner
Explorer
Explorer
paulcardoza wrote:
If you are looking at buying brand new, expect a laundry list of issues to be dealt with, not matter what manufacturer you choose. Be sure you have easy access to your dealer, or a repair facility that will handle warranty work for you.

We are considering buying a DP motorhome, but I have read and heard statements like this many times. I just can't accept that a very expensive piece of machinery will have a "laundry list" of issues. Somebody needs to be in charge of quality control and if he/she can't do it, then be replaced by someone who can. Just my opinion.
2008 Damon Tuscany 4076 40' Diesel Pusher

BillMFl
Explorer
Explorer
I think you are smart to ask for info on post bankruptcy performance. Many of the manufacturers that went thru tough times and may be better or worse than the older models. Opinions about pre recession coaches may not be as accurate. I have heard a lot of gossip from neighbors who used to work at LZ Days. I don't remember the specific makes or models but there was a lot of turmoil for awhile.
Order is illusion. Chaos is reality. But right or wrong I'm still the captain. 🙂

Valkyriebush
Explorer
Explorer
I've owned two very good Fleetwoods. And would buy another. Dirts easy to find under any RV makers product. You gatta look for YOURSELF.
Command Master Chief (AW) USN, (ret)
2003 Fleetwood Excursion 330 Turbo Cat 39D
2000 Jeep GC
2005 Big Ruckus (Rides Behind Jeep)
2003 VTX 1800

paulcardoza
Explorer
Explorer
Paul & Sandra
Plymouth, MA
2014 Heartland Cyclone 4100 King

CG_Dawson
Explorer
Explorer
Personally, I think Fleetwood did and still does build a very good product. Had some house problems initially, but ours has been solid since. Bought our signature rig new in April, 2003.
Happy RV'ing!!

Greg & Jackie
2003 Bounder, 32W / Ford V10 / 2 Slides
Toad: 2004 Saturn L300, Brake Buddy

shaneperch
Explorer
Explorer
if you get a Fleetwood,, I would only ONLY go with Bounder. My father's friend got one in 1996 and was built like a battle ship. whereas the south wind camelbacked by the rear axle and seen it on three different ones.