cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Rear slide problem

kitch251
Explorer
Explorer
The bedroom slide on the driver's side has suddenly stopped working. This is the electric side and the front electric slide works fine and do the other two hydraulic slides. I have checked the fuses under the Fridge and I don't see any blown ones. Any suggestions?

Jim
4 REPLIES 4

mccsix
Explorer
Explorer
Does the bin under the drivers side have 2 controllers in it? If so swap them and see if that makes it work. Mine are interchangeable. Last time I swapped them the slide worked I put the old one back in just to verify what was happening and the slide worked again?! I guess it just needed a nudge.

Boblou
Explorer
Explorer
I had to same problem with the bedroom slide it stopped working, but other slides are ok The RV tech put in new 6 volt batteries, which i requested, and went into the bed and lifted it and the wire had rubbed into because of the back and forward motion, it got cut. He repaired the wire and also replaced the fuse (not the breaker) thats for 120 volt, and this is a 12 volt problem. Then it starte3d working great.

kitch251
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks Ron.

It is an 06 Phaeton which has electric slides on the Driver's side and hydraulic slides on the Passenger side. This slide is the bedroom Driver's side and is electric. The front driver's side (electric) works and do both of the Passenger's side hydraulic slides. In addition to checking the fuses under the fridge, I have checked the ones under the driver (outside bin) and they appear to be okay. Maybe not

Jim

Thanks for the reply

lanerd
Explorer II
Explorer II
A make and model of the motor home would go a long ways in providing you with helpful information. What type of slide is it? Rack and Pinion, cable, hydraulic, ???? Have you tried to operate it manually? Does it make any noise? More specific, please.

Ron
Ron & Sandie
2013 Tiffin Phaeton 42LH Cummins ISL 400hp
Toad: 2011 GMC Terrain SLT2
Tow Bar: Sterling AT
Toad Brakes: Unified by U.S. Gear
TPMS: Pressure Pro
Member of: GS, FMCA, Allegro

RETIRED!! How sweet it is....