direct wiring or cigarette plug ?
Jayco Designer 'C'
03 Saturn LW 200
Dachshund Deluxe ๐Ÿ™‚
6 REPLIES 6

Harvey51
Explorer
Explorer
I connected mine to the house fuse that supplies the propane detector. That circuit is live when the house DC power is on OR when the engine is running. I have a switch on the driver's seat mount that connects this power to both the camera and monitor. I find it handy to have switch control so I can have it on whenever I want. Sometimes it is even useful to see behind when camped.

My camera is inside, looking out the back window. If you are mounting it outside you will find it easiest to get power from parking lights or backup lights and do without switch control.
2004 E350 Adventurer (Canadian) 20 footer - Alberta, Canada
No TV + 100W solar = no generator needed

jorn
Explorer
Explorer
Instead of tapping into the power for the reverse lights, as the instructions suggested, I power mine off the running lights. So, in my coach, lights on == rear camera on. ๐Ÿ™‚
'16 Chaparral 360IBL & '16 Ram 2500 Cummins

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have a Zone Defense brand backup camera system that was installed by the factory that built the motor home. It is hard wired into the motor home. The power button is on the monitor. We manually turn it on and off while the iginition is on but powers off automatically when the ignition is turned off. I like to have it on at times while driving. Since we can't see out the motor home's rear window with the inside rear view mirror, I mounted the monitor where the mirror was. I also mounted a Scan-Guage-II on top of it as shown. Another feature I like about our unit is that it has built-in microphone in the backup camera in back. When backing up into a campsite, my wife stands behind the rig to spot trees, stumps, logs, boulders and such. I plainly hear her direction, very helpful when we pull in quietly after the campground is asleep. Though she'll talk quietly, I hear her loud and clear. The speaker and volume control is in the monitor itself. Actually everything is controlled on the monitor using those little white buttons on the right side.

jf44
Explorer
Explorer
Does the unit have a on/off switch where as it
could be connected to a hot wire to use when
you wanted it and controlled by on/off switch ?
Thanks
Jayco Designer 'C'
03 Saturn LW 200
Dachshund Deluxe ๐Ÿ™‚

Dieter_Heinzer
Explorer
Explorer
run a wire to your back-up light... Unless you want it on / available ALL the time, then you need to find a source tied to the "ignition on" switch
- Dieter & Vanessa
The Happy Campers since 1987 :C
=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=
1998 Coachmen Catalina 29'
on a Ford with V10 Triton
48k miles at 8.1 MPG average since bought new.

nicpaige
Explorer
Explorer
Direct wire to ignition on or reverse wire.