cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Replacement Vinyl or Carpet for the Cab?

Michigan_RV_er
Explorer
Explorer
Hello all! I'm new to the forum and RV'ing in general.

I have a 2003 Class C built on a Ford E-450 chassis. From what I've read, the cabs of the E350's and E450's are the same...

I would really like to replace the carpet in the cab with new carpet or vinyl. The existing carpet is dirty, faded, and frayed around all the edges.

I've been Google'ing for a couple hours with no luck. Has anyone found a place for replacement molded carpet or vinyl for the E-450's?

I've searched the forums here also. But everything seems to be discussing the coach flooring, not the cab.

Thanks!
18 REPLIES 18

Michigan_RV_er
Explorer
Explorer
It looks like Gulfstream might have used house carpeting originally in the cab? I've thought about trying to put house carpeting back in it but I have no idea how they got it to lay so flat over all the curved areas.

DaHose
Explorer
Explorer
Does your floor get really hot, or is it very well insulated from heat? Think about that when considering vinyl at the front, near the dog house. In my 1983 I would worry about floor heat, but I bet yours is far better insulated.

I would definitely go with wood grained vinyl in the kitchen. I used vinyl plank style flooring and it moves with the floor, causing cracks at the seams. I plan to re-do it with a single sheet of vinyl flooring.

Jose

Michigan_RV_er
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks! I think I will need to check out the Ford dealer. That JC Whitney site is a bit misleading. After I actually put in my year and tried both E350 and E450 I get the error "This product does not fit".

mdamerell
Explorer
Explorer
JC Whitley

You might also try the local Ford dealer. When I hauled parts for GM SPO we would bring in van new carpets ( can't get the chicken manure out of the shuttle vans ๐Ÿ˜‰ ). They might also know an after market supplier.
2012 Sundance 3100RB w/Reese Goose Box
2004 Ford F350 6.0 L PSD, CC, DRW, long bed, B&W drop ball hitch, Firestone Ride-rite air bags.