cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

RV Covers

kenrhilbert
Explorer
Explorer
Just purchased a 2013 Coachmen Mirada 32DS. Started looking at an RV cover for when storing during winter months. Live in RI. Looking for opinions regarding the different manufacturers of RV covers for class A.
8 REPLIES 8

J-Rooster
Explorer
Explorer
Dick_B wrote:
For previous posts on this subject search this Forum for `RV Cover' in the Class A section.
We cover ours with a Sunshield tarp; black side up in the winter and silver side up in the summer.
X-2 Great Advice from Dick, lots of info awaiting you!

LongWeekends
Explorer
Explorer
We have an Adco cover on our 43' coach and it works perfectly. We did buy the warranty as no cover is going to last three years in our heat. So for the cost of the warranty we will get a new cover. We did that with our previous 38' coach. I know there are a lot of nay-sayers about covers but from my experience using one religiously for the last six years we have had:

No damage to the paint or finish of our coach
No issues with tearing(I do cover a couple of sharp edges with tennis balls 🙂 ) Keep in mind, we have wicked monsoons and still no problems.

We replaced ours because the straps got dry-rotted and ripped in two eventually.
Michael
Just me, my wife, our daughter and our two big, hairy Goldens.

Dick_B
Explorer
Explorer
For previous posts on this subject search this Forum for `RV Cover' in the Class A section.
We cover ours with a Sunshield tarp; black side up in the winter and silver side up in the summer.
Dick_B
2003 SunnyBrook 27FKS
2011 3/4 T Chevrolet Suburban
Equal-i-zer Hitch
One wife, two electric bikes (both Currie Tech Path+ models)

sailor_lou
Explorer
Explorer
I have used ADCO Aqua-shed covers in the past with good results. If you cover the sharp objects on the roof with foam (something like pipe insulation) and secure them properly you will get a min. of four seasons and no paint damage. With the New England snow/ice and all the stuff that falls off the trees (leaves in the fall and pollen in the spring) I still believe it is worth the effort. The only down side is you will need to wait for the snow to melt before removing it so if you are planning a mid-winter trip down south I would hold off. Good luck.

Lou
05 Travel Supreme Envoy

TNRIVERSIDE
Explorer
Explorer
Some retailers sale warranties with the covers. We bought our TT cover at CW with a three year warnety. We have used the warranty one time so it has paid off. I think we pay $50.00 for a new cover. No hassle.
2014 Coleman CTS192RD. 2009 F150 4X4, 5.4, 3.31
Jeff

crasster
Explorer II
Explorer II
They are terrible. Paid nearly $400 for one of them, and it started ripping and whipping my other coach within 2 weeks.
4 whopping cylinders on Toyota RV's. Talk about great getting good MPG. Also I have a very light foot on the pedal. I followed some MPG advice on Livingpress.com and I now get 22 MPG! Not bad for a home on wheels.

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer
Most would say a waste of money more damage from them than the elements - search on here topic has come up hundreds of times
2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

oldmattb
Explorer
Explorer
Don't buy an Expedition brand. Less than a year, the top was decomposing. The manufacturer insisted that I deal with the seller for warranty, The seller insisted that I deal with the manufacturer.

Within a couple weeks of one year old, it was unusable. I gave it to a neighbor, who planned to use the sides of the cover for chicken coop covers.

Matt B
oldMattB
1998 Monaco Windsor