Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

RV covers

gperky
Explorer
Explorer
I received a letter from Camping World, suggesting that the Adco
Tyvek cover, which I purchased from them a couple of years ago, might need replacing now. How did they know? They asked that I try their better quality ELEMENTS cover. Has anyone had any experience with this cover?

Thanx, gp
10 REPLIES 10

gperky
Explorer
Explorer
I bought an "Elements" today at the La Mirada store. They are not stocking the Adco cover in the store any more. The Elements Tyvek was about $100 more than the
Adco CW online price and the side panels do look heavier than the Adco. They were all boxed up, so I couldn't see if they had a seam down the middle of the Tyvek roof panel like the Adco seam, which always failed before the fabric. I'll let you know in a couple of years if the Elements cover holds up any better than the Adco. They also had samples of the Elements "Premium" which appears to be all nylon, and costs another $100 more, but is not in store stock yet.
gp

ronheb454
Explorer
Explorer
I don't have a cover and was wondering too, if the Elements cover was any good. Does anyone have any experience with the Elements cover thanks?

2edgesword
Explorer
Explorer
gperky wrote:
Oh, no. They were right. The one I have is in shreds. It is about my third or fourth. None of them has ever lasted much more than 2 years. The Tyvek part is still good, except for the seams. It's the side panels that rot and fall apart.

gp

Not sure what happened with your Adco cover but I'm going into my fourth winter (northeast U.S.) with mine and there is only minor wear in a couple of areas (no break through). I use padding where there are any sharp edges and keep it taunted around the trailer which minimizes the wear and tear.

Army11Bravo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I think everyone is missing the bigger point. GPERKY would like to know if the ELEMENTS cover is a good cover.
Army 11 Bravo - Gulf War Veteran
Wife, Two Teen Boys, Hound Dog (Daisy) & Beagles (Lily & Bailey)
2014 Springdale 267SRTWE Bunkhouse Travel Trailer
2009 Chevy Silverado Crew Cab 4x4

BTPO1
Explorer
Explorer
My letter from CW/Marcus suggested that I buy a cover since I have not bought one yet. Not true I bought one when I bought my MH. I no longer use it since I store it indoors and is out of the elements. Sales gimmick. JMO
Jack
2003 Rexhall Vision 27'
2019 Chevrolet Equinox
States we have been to with this MH

msmith1199
Explorer II
Explorer II
I have a Camping World cover that is probably six or seven years old and it's almost as good as new. Of course that's probably because I put it on once for a few weeks and took it off and it was such a pain in the rear I folded it up and put it in the shed, and it's been taking up space in my shed for the last six or seven years. But that does keep the cover looking like new!

2021 Nexus Viper 27V. Class B+

2019 Ford Ranger 4x4

chuckftboy
Explorer
Explorer
I got that same letter and I keep my A in my garage behind the house. So that tells you "they don't know".
2019 Horizon 42Q Maxum Chassis w/tag
Cummins L-9 450 HP / Allison 3000
2006 Jeep TJ and 2011 Chevy Traverse Tows

gperky
Explorer
Explorer
Oh, no. They were right. The one I have is in shreds. It is about my third or fourth. None of them has ever lasted much more than 2 years. The Tyvek part is still good, except for the seams. It's the side panels that rot and fall apart.

gp

gbopp
Explorer
Explorer
Don't start shopping for a new cover because Camping World said you might need one.
You decide if/when your cover needs replacing.
Brirene is correct. They just want to sell you something.

brirene
Explorer
Explorer
They wouldn't know. Simply trying to sell you a new cover. If your old one is good, just ignore it. I've gotten many more years out of my Adco cover than I expected.
Jayco Designer 30 RKS Medallion pkg, Trail Air pin
'05 F350 6.0 PSD CC 4x4 DRW LB B&W Companion, Edge Insight

โ€œCertainly, travel is more than the seeing of sights; it is a change that goes on, deep and permanent, in the ideas of living." Miriam Beard