Explorer
See Here
2013 Winnebago Sightseer
2017 Colorado
21 REPLIES 21

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
Maybe a call to Bob and he will replace it for him.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

rgatijnet1
Explorer III
Explorer III
A little Eternabond and some Dicor.........

FloridaRosebud
Explorer
Explorer
As an active Certified Fire Investigator I would say that one would be difficult to figure out unless there was a witness or two who could at least point to an origin area. MH, when they do catch on fire, go pretty quick and a lot of times there is not much let to sift through trying to figure out a cause. Lots of good fuel for the fire in a MH. However - most important - ALL SAFE!!

Al

jdb7566
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:
I think for once I'll jump on the RV.net fire investigator bandwagon since I have no clue what started the fire. I say an insurance job. Buyer signed the financing and realized he was in way over his head. Having it turn to toast along the highway is simply theatrics to lead away from the possibility of self torching.

LOL, OK, Ralph

C20
Explorer
Explorer
Retired firefighter of 34 years. Heres what we say:
The only difference between gasoline and a house trailer (motor home) is one is a solid and one is a liquid!
2017 Newmar Essex
97 Jeep Wrangler
16 HD CVO Street glide
2015 Challenger Hellcat
2021 Hellcat Durango
2020 ram 2500 Cummins

2gypsies1
Explorer II
Explorer II
An RV fire goes extremely fast and no matter how many little fire extinguishers you may have you are not going to put it out. Also, that's not the time to try to gather your belongings.

Make a 'go' bag/container and keep it by the door ready to grab. We did and also used it when leaving the motorhome for routine maintenance. As full-timers, we'd drop it off & do errands or siteseeing when it was getting its oil change or whatever so it was left unguarded. We never left valuables in it.... extra cash, laptop, important financial/legal documents, etc.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
I've witnessed and tried to extinguish a motor home fire. It finally burned to the frame. Fire Dept got there within 5 mins and took 20 to put it out. UGLY! is the only word I can use. Once the fire starts - the coach is gone.....Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
az99 wrote:
Dutch_12078 wrote:
Looks like another engine fire...
Thank You EPA. Lets put some more heavy,expensive and very hot emission controls on these engines since every RV travels millions of of miles per year.

Do you remember what the air was like before the EPA?

Well, diesels are probably on their way out anyway.

irishtom29
Explorer
Explorer
โ€œFully involved with fireโ€? What the...

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
bjbear wrote:
Ralph Cramden wrote:
I think for once I'll jump on the RV.net fire investigator bandwagon since I have no clue what started the fire. I say an insurance job. Buyer signed the financing and realized he was in way over his head. Having it turn to toast along the highway is simply theatrics to lead away from the possibility of self torching.

What do you base this accusation on? Maybe you should refrain from baseless speculation that borders on bullying.

Absolutley Nothing, just as others claim an engine fire from or from emmisions equipment without any knowlege or physical evidence, the same as in the many threads on these boards regarding RV fires or RV crash threads where the RVnet forensic investigators come out of the woodwork. Bullying my Sphincter.
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I wonder how long it would take to notice a fire in the engine compartment traveling down the road. The delay could really contribute to the growth of the fire. Sure there is a camera, but how often do I really look at it if things seem fine.

Just thinking to myself. Unless a passerby warned me, I might not notice for a while. I flagged down an over the road truck that had his trailer on fire before, and he had no idea.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

bjbear
Explorer
Explorer
Ralph Cramden wrote:

What do you base this accusation on? Maybe you should refrain from baseless speculation that borders on bullying.
2006 Monaco Camelot 42-DSQ
09 Blazer 20' Covered Trailer
Toad - 2019 Wrangler JL Rubicon Unlimited
My Website

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sad to see that nice looking RV looking not so nice after the fire but there is also good news in the headline of the article. Specifically the first two words.

And nice of the Media outlet to put those two most important words first.

For those who did not follow the link, they are "ALL SAFE".

nobody got burned. (Physically that is).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Ralph_Cramden
Explorer II
Explorer II
Too many geezers, self appointed moderators, experts, and disappearing posts for me. Enjoy. How many times can the same thing be rehashed over and over?