cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

salesman commenting on possible thor bankruptcy?

homer1959
Explorer
Explorer
While shopping at the Jayco dealer for my future MH, my rep. Mentioned that thor his going through very hard financial times that might end up with bankruptcy, have you heard about it ?

Btw, he is selling TT made by Thor so Im not sure what to beleive ?

I've looked only online though at the leprechaun and some floorplan are interesting, im a bit concerned to buy a Thor if the rep.comment is found to be true !
6 REPLIES 6

homer1959
Explorer
Explorer
Well ok ! Looks like a bunch of b.s, to me now, Ill challenge him on that if i ever return there ... especially after reading Francesca post ! Ok then Thor stays on my list 😉

so much choice, so many opinion, so many good and bad story....you can read for 1 week 25 hrs a day only to remain a more and more confused buyer...lol

DougE
Explorer
Explorer
Most of the RV is generic stuff anyway so don't fret.
Currently Between RVs

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
You actually put any weight to any statement of a salesman?

Foolish one. Bless your heart.

Any information offered by a salesman must be verified.:B

On edit: I assume you are trying to verify by asking about it here.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

SooperDaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Elkhart-based Thor Industries Inc. just bought Shipshewana recreational vehicle maker K-Z Inc. 4th largest RV Manufacturer in the USA for $53.4 million, as Thor announced Thursday, April 17. Doesn't sound like a failing company!
My posts shouldn't be taken for factual data, and are purely fictional, for entertainment purposes, should not be constituted as related to scientific, technical, engineering, legal, religious, spiritual, or practical advice. After all it's FREE! Amen. :W

Francesca_Knowl
Explorer
Explorer
This salesman definitely sounds like the kind of guy that you do NOT want to ask about towing capacity of, say, the 1978 Datsun B210...;)

Here quoting from Thor's 2013 financial report link:

Thor Industries wrote:

By any measure, your Company’s Fiscal Year 2013 performance was a great success. Thor surpassed last year’s record sales level by nearly 23%. Our stock price returned from the depressed value caused by the recession-driven industry collapse of 2008-2009, and our diluted earnings per share of $2.88 surpasses any prior year in
our history after adjusting for stock splits.

Financial highlights of Fiscal Year 2013 were:
- Record sales from continuing operations of $3.2 billion, an increase of 23% from $2.6 billion in fiscal 2012

- Income from continuing operations for the year was up 36% to $151.7 million, compared to $111.4 in fiscal 2012

-Diluted earnings per share from continuing operations were up 38% to $2.86 versus $2.07 in fiscal 2012

- Net income including discontinued operations was up 26% to $152.9 million from $121.7 million in fiscal 2012

- Towable RV sales increased by 16% over fiscal 2012;
towable income before tax increased by 29% over fiscal

- Motorized RV sales increased by 67% over fiscal 2012;
motorized income before tax increased by 138% over fiscal
" Not every mind that wanders is lost. " With apologies to J.R.R. Tolkien

Mich_F
Explorer
Explorer
homer1959 wrote:
While shopping at the Jayco dealer for my future MH, my rep. Mentioned that thor his going through very hard financial times that might end up with bankruptcy, have you heard about it ?

Btw, he is selling TT made by Thor so Im not sure what to beleive ?

I've looked only online though at the leprechaun and some floorplan are interesting, im a bit concerned to buy a Thor if the rep.comment is found to be true !

Thor owns so many different "brands", perhaps one or more are having financial issues.
As for the Leprechaun, I believe that is made by Coachmen, which is now owned by Forest River.
2014 Itasca Spirit 31K Class C
2016 Mazda CX5 on Acme tow dolly- 4 trips ~ 5,800 mi
Now 2017 RWD F150 with a drive shaft disconnect