cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Sliding windows stick

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
Any ideas on what to use to help the windows slide easier? I keep pulling off the strip that you use to pull them open. I am not sure how to describe these windows, except that I have seen them on most Class Cs. I don't want to destroy the rubber so I am concerned about what to spray/coat them with. Thanks
Linda
Scout, 10 year old Husky/Shepherd
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS
9 REPLIES 9

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
Oops! I think that I was referring to the vertical strip that I pull on to open the window. That is what has come off and is hard to get back on.
Linda
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

Mocoondo
Explorer II
Explorer II
I use a wide putty knife and a rag wrapped around the sharp edge. The anti-rattle slips right back in.

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
Any thoughts on a great way to put back the window strip?
Linda
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

rcase13
Explorer
Explorer
2013 Jayco Redhawk here with similar problem. The silicone spray really helped for me. It's funny I know exactly what your talking about with the strip coming off. Nothing is going make them perfect but the silicone spray should help. Don't use anything else as anything else might gum it up.
2013 Jayco Redhawk 26XS

luvztheoutdoor1
Explorer
Explorer
I have had problems with these windows from Day 1. Two of them are extremely hard to open. It is not so easy to put back on the window strip either. I have had this back to the dealer when servicing. Jayco said to silicon glue on the strip which the dealer did, but I just pulled off the one over the sink, glue and all.
Linda
2011 Jayco Greyhawk 26DS

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anchorwood wrote:
All very well to say pull out the track, but how can you get the track out if you can't move the window? Is there a way to remove the glass on these sliding windows anyway? Mine have the fuzzy tracks that the glass slides in.
Some lift and pull toward you at the bottom, though maybe not this way for a while now.

Anchorwood
Explorer
Explorer
All very well to say pull out the track, but how can you get the track out if you can't move the window? Is there a way to remove the glass on these sliding windows anyway? Mine have the fuzzy tracks that the glass slides in.

Mocoondo
Explorer II
Explorer II
The window tracks have u-shaped removable inserts called "anti-rattle" strips. You can peel those out, clean with soap and water, dry thoroughly and reinstall. That should cure 99% of your sliding problems.

ron_dittmer
Explorer II
Explorer II
I would clean what you can and spray silicone lubricant on the track and see how it works for you. Silicone lubricant dries nicely as not to attract dirt, yet leaves things slippery.

I would try it on your worst window first. If you like the results, do the rest.