cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tiffin Allerro

KAYPAY
Explorer
Explorer
We are looking at a 2012 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 34 TGA Is anyone on this forum familiar with this RV, what are the pros and con, any potential problems?
Diane and Keith
2004 Roadtrek P190
10 REPLIES 10

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
mike brez wrote:
I have no idea what years or models but their was some sort of wet bay issue and roof radius problem from what I remember reading on the forum.

The wet bay problem was from about 2004 til 2009. They still had a few after that, that had a problem, BUT TIFFIN FIXED THEM AT NO CHARGE REGARDLESS OF HOW OLD. The roof radius was a problem from about 2010 till 2015 or so just on some models. BUT TIFFIN FIXED THEM REGARDLESS. This is what sets Tiffin apart from all other manufacturers. When there is a quality problem, Tiffin steps up regardless of how old. The upholstery problem was also fixed by Tiffin regardless of how old. The upholstery was the same other Makers used and had problems with after the warranty expired, but only Tiffin replaced the defective covers after the original warranty was up. Doug

mike_brez
Explorer
Explorer
I have no idea what years or models but their was some sort of wet bay issue and roof radius problem from what I remember reading on the forum.
1998 36 foot Country Coach Magna #5499 Single slide
Gillig chassis with a series 40
02 Ford F250 7.3 with a few mods
2015 Wrangler JKU

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
2bzy2c wrote:
thelazyl wrote:
Always get a certified RV inspector - it should run $200-300 depending on your area.

That's interesting.....Who "certifies" RV Inspectors?

Buler....Buler?
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

mikim
Explorer
Explorer
We have a Allegro Open Road 36LA. The only major problem we had was that the dinette material started to disintegrate. Bad choice of materials were used. Took two phone calls to Tiffin to get someone with authority to offer a repair.

Tiffin shipped us a whole new dinette in 2017. Was easy for my son and I to remove the old dinnette and install the new dinette.

That really has been the only major issue. There have also been a recall for the tow hitch.

Andy_F
Explorer
Explorer
No idea on that model year but we just bought a used 2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA after doing a lot of research and we are extremely happy. Traded in our 2012 Keystone travel trailer and our tow vehicle, a 2008 Toyota Sequoia, as part of the deal and with the COVID situation we got a heck of great price on the Tiffin from the dealer in Indiana.

We had narrowed our list down to a Tiffin or a Newmar. Was just a matter of finding the right gently used model we liked at the right price.
Andy
2018 Tiffin Allegro Open Road 36LA
2012 Keystone Bullet 281BHS-Sold
2008 Toyota Sequoia-Sold
ProPride 3P - what a hitch!-Sold

Nights camped in 2017=42
Nights camped in 2018=32
Nights camper in 2019=30
Nights camped in 2020=17

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
FYI. Tiffin has extended the 12 month warranty until Sep 1st 2020 for any Tiffin units that the original warranty was due to expire in March/April/May. Due to Covid 19 and vehicles that could not be delivered to the Service centers for warranty. Doug

2bzy2c
Explorer II
Explorer II
thelazyl wrote:
Always get a certified RV inspector - it should run $200-300 depending on your area.

That's interesting.....Who "certifies" RV Inspectors?
My advice is worth exactly what you paid for it.

thelazyl
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with previous posters and will also add my 2 cents. Although Tiffin has a good reputation in terms of quality and service, condition is more important than the brand - a used RV with known issues can become a money pit rapidly. Always get a certified RV inspector - it should run $200-300 depending on your area.

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
Tiffin has great customer service and they build a quality coach. Down side is you don't know how well the previous owner took care of things. Sad to say I've seen some fairly new trade-ins that looked like garbage dumps inside.

If it were me I'd be up on the roof checking its condition. Next I'd be inside checking for water leaks inside closets, cabinets, behind furniture, around doors and windows. Water damage is a deal killer for me. Clean carpets are a good indicator of care.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tiffin is a great product with lots of fans and a very active and honest forum related to their products. See you there!

Tiffin Forum
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?