cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tiffin recalls motorhomes manf 5-1-07 to 12-31-14

PastorCharlie
Explorer
Explorer
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/recalls/tiffin-recalls-motorhomes-manufactured-equipped-with-coachste...

Tiffin recalls motorhomes manufactured equipped with Coachstep Double and Triple Electric Steps
5 REPLIES 5

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
-Gramps- wrote:
My steps are Stromber-Carlson and the same thing happened to them...they are owned by the same people who bought Kwikee.

Stromber-Carlson is known by this name---SCS. They were built in Ft Worth, Texas by SCS and years ago LCI purchased the Step division and moved it to the Midwest where they renamed the Steps Lippert(LCI). If you have the SCS brand step, you probably do not have the recall problem as this problem came up after LCI started making them. LCI purchased Kwikee in the past couple of years, but have NOT changed the design of the Kwikee. I believe LCI decided to just utilize their manufacturing plants to just build Kwikee as they are a far superior step. Also, they have had thousands of their LCI steps break due to THEIR design and now have this massive recall. Doug

-Gramps-
Explorer
Explorer
My steps are Stromber-Carlson and the same thing happened to them...they are owned by the same people who bought Kwikee.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
As of Monday the 18th. LCI cannot tell what parts are being made or when they will be available. They just stated within a few months. They (tech service) does not even know what the recall kit will involve. Tiffin has been replacing LCI that Break at the Pivot bolt with Kwikee as LCI steps are no longer available. Certain parts are available but not the complete step. IF you have the Pivot bolt shear OFF, LCI has NEVER had a replacement for that as the nut the Pivot bolt screws too is welded. IF that Pivot bolt ever broke under warranty, LCI replaced the complete step. I believe the recall will just be a band aid that will prevent loss of control if the Pivot bolt breaks and prevents injury to the RV'er when he is on the step when that Pivot bolt breaks. Since the Pivot bolt is welded to the mount nut and the Mount nut welded to the top of the step frame, there is no easy way to modify the Pivot bolt assbly. Doug

BobGed
Explorer
Explorer
PastorCharlie wrote:
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/recalls/tiffin-recalls-motorhomes-manufactured-equipped-with-coachstep-double-and-triple-electric-steps-012116.html

Tiffin recalls motorhomes manufactured equipped with Coachstep Double and Triple Electric Steps

CLICKY

My coach is in Red Bay now but they don't have the parts to affect the repair yet. They don't know when they will be receiving them.
2017 Tiffin Phaeton 40QBH
2014 Jeep Cherokee Limited

fourmat
Explorer
Explorer
Every manuf. using lippert steps in that time period is subject to the recall
2009 Challenger