cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Useful Info on You Tube

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
I have often advised beginners about buying new or used Class C RV's and mentioned that there are some good You tube videos with advice on many things RV. I spent some time recently watching videos on Class C versus Class A, diesel vs gasoline engined RV's, etc. etc. One video is even titled "Don't Buy an RV" It is presented by a lawyer and presents a pretty good case for not buying a NEW RV. Every buyer of a new RV should listen to what this guy has to say to be aware of pitfalls. Take a look and listen, you may not agree with all of it but he brings up some unpleasant truths:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IP_u2JR51_Y
5 REPLIES 5

mlts22
Explorer
Explorer
I'd reserve several days after purchasing the rig just to handle teething problems. In fact, after the PDI (and this should be done with some friends with a keen eye for issues so they are fixed before you take possession), it might be wise to driveway camp or camp in a nearby RV park, then bring the rig in after the morning.

Bordercollie
Explorer
Explorer
Don't buy a new RV and expect to go camping or touring immediately after delivery. You will probably discover factory screw-ups and things that don't work and require fixes under warranty. The dealer service manager may tell you that it'll be a week before they can start working on it after they get factory authorization to proceed. It is not unusual for that first trip to be delayed by two weeks or more, hopefully no more and no need to return to fix unsatisfactory fixes. I think that a small town RV dealer will be more concerned with customer after-sale satisfaction and word of mouth advertising.
Before you buy, try to check on big city high-volume RV dealer's after-sale service reputation.

jaycocreek
Explorer II
Explorer II
On my last visit, I was comfortable asking them to start at the rear bumper and work their way to the front bumper inside and out.

This should be done buying any new or used RV from a dealer,If they won't,go elsewhere.See absolutely everything work and inspect the roof.

Make sure "everything" is as you want it before you buy it.Once you buy it,it's yours along with the minor fixing most RV's need from time to time.If you can't fix minor things,you do not need to have an RV.

I can't imagine taking an RV back to the dealer for minor fixes.
Lance 9.6
400 watts solar mounted/200 watts portable
500ah Lifep04

Jim_Shoe
Explorer
Explorer
As usual, it depends. The dealer where I bought my 'C' new, backed the manufacturer's warranty because they also have repair facilities on site. And even though the warranty has expired, they still do maintenance and repairs as needed at a discount. On my last visit, I was comfortable asking them to start at the rear bumper and work their way to the front bumper inside and out. There wasn't much to be repaired or replaced and they added a TPMS system at my request. I still got out for under $2,000 on a 10 year old RV.
I'm sure part of the longevity comes from the fact that its stored in a heated garage when I'm not on the road. And I own the garage, so no rent.
Retired and visiting as much of this beautiful country as I can.

Mountain_Mama
Explorer
Explorer
Clicky
2003 Holiday Rambler Alumascape 34RLT