cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Vista 26 driving

Seamutt
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at a newer Vista 26 and would like to hear about real world driving experience from owners. Thanks.
3 REPLIES 3

2wheelluge
Explorer
Explorer
We have 3000 miles on our 26HE. Driving it requires attention and both hands on the wheel. You will read horror stories about the handling which I feel are overrated, but I would recommend driving one on a windy day and decide for yourself.

We chose a 26HE for obvious reasons: Winnebago quality, lots of features for the price, right size. We also picked the 26HE because it had an anchor for a child seat which we needed to bring our granddaughter along.

The bedroom is tight, the shower isn't large, but these are trade-offs you put up with at this size and price point. We thought it was a good value compared with similar C's and small A's.
Dennis Siemsen
Cresco, Iowa
2007 Holiday Rambler Augusta 213 B+

lostscout
Explorer
Explorer
I have a 2014 Vista 26HE and would not recommend the unit with its poor road handling. The shower is to small, I can't bend over to was my feet. When I bought my unit Winnebago advertised both battery shutoffs but the unit only has a house shutoff and Winnebago will not make good on their ad. Keep shopping.

Effy
Explorer
Explorer
No first hand experience but I read this on another forum "the Vista 26's wheelbase to length ratio is only 48.9% which accounts for poor handling - as has been complained about. The RVGC says a wheelbase-to-length ratio of 50% or below is "dangerous." "Good" is 56% to 59% and "excellent" is 60% and above. "

But many on here own them and seem happy. It's a short, light (lots of sprung weight), entry level coach on the F53 chassis which is notoriously harsh to begin with. So it's no 40' DP. Correct tire pressure and CHF on the sway bars would be improvements.
2013 ACE 29.2