Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer/Dryer Combo

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I'm now interested in getting a washer/dryer combo for my "Class A 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor" since it has an area in one of the main closet spaces for such an upgrade. Can anyone of you point me in the direction as to where to purchased a reasonably price Combo that you too have enjoyed over the years while Fulltiming in a model similar as mine??

TIA!!
Full Time, Tree Huggn, Vegan Athlete living on, a shovel of dirt shy of, an acre of land
2007 Toyota Prius
1998 Holiday Rambler Holiday Endeavor 35WGS

:CTime waits for no one
60 REPLIES 60

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
The Splendide VENTED! combo is an excellent W/D unit. Anyone saying anything else has either never used one or has not learned to properly use one.
We have been fulltiming with this W/D for over 14 years and my wife uses this almost exclusively for our clothes cleaning needs. We have washed our sheets, clothes and even some rugs in the unit and it works great. Sometimes if we are working long hours the laundry will build up and it's easier to do a couple of large loads at the campground laundry but that's a fairly rare occurrence.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

mpierce
Explorer
Explorer
Get what fits your style.

Combo unit is smaller, and takes a couple times longer to do a load. Stacked is like a regular home set.

If you want to batch up doing the clothes, i.e. do a weeks worth at a time, the stacked will suit you better.

However, if you will do a load every day or two, and keep up with the clothes, just load the combo unit every other day, and let it do its thing, while you do yours.

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
nbargolf wrote:
rr2254545 wrote:
OK I will say it, the stacked units are much better - had both love the stacked units

Combo unit is a waste of money

We have the combo and love it takes up less space and does a great job. takes 2-3 loads a week but who cares a ton better than a laundry mat. Would not consider the stacked takes too much storage space.

oh now, i'm getting confused:?
Full Time, Tree Huggn, Vegan Athlete living on, a shovel of dirt shy of, an acre of land
2007 Toyota Prius

nbargolf
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:
OK I will say it, the stacked units are much better - had both love the stacked units

We have the combo and love it takes up less space and does a great job. takes 2-3 loads a week but who cares a ton better than a laundry mat. Would not consider the stacked takes too much storage space.

Laman
Explorer
Explorer
We have the combo Splendide in the MH, the wife finds it very useful and has stated already that next MH will have to have one.
1998 American Eagle 40' EVS, 2011 Ford Edge, Falcon 2 tow bar
DW and 2 DD's

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
rr2254545 wrote:

ooops!:S when i said combo i meant stacked bc i'd read before that, i guess, the 2 in one which i think means combo now do suck.
2007 Toyota Prius

rr2254545
Explorer
Explorer

2012 Winnebago Journey 36M Cummins 360
2014 Jeep Cherokee
492 Campgrounds,107K miles driven in our Winnebago motor homes and 2360 nights camping since we retired in July 2009, 41 National Parks

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
DSDP Don wrote:
Check out their models. They use to have a vented and non vented model. The non vented model, which vented inside the coach, took much longer to dry. You want a vented model which means they have to cut a small hole in the coach and put a small vent in the exterior wall.

Yes, of course i do, i have asthma and the last thing i need to create in my wonderful home are more positive ions circulating around in it.

thank you!
2007 Toyota Prius

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
Check out their models. They use to have a vented and non vented model. The non vented model, which vented inside the coach, took much longer to dry. You want a vented model which means they have to cut a small hole in the coach and put a small vent in the exterior wall.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
The Shadow Nos wrote:
Call Splendide they may have a scratch and dent for sell. I was able to buy one a few years ago. Big discount. There phone number is 1-800-356-0766

Oh, thank you so much!!

I SO LOVE THIS FORUM!!:B
2007 Toyota Prius

The_Shadow_Nos
Explorer
Explorer
Call Splendide they may have a scratch and dent for sell. I was able to buy one a few years ago. Big discount. There phone number is 1-800-356-0766
2005 Allegro Bus
400 HP Cummins
2005 Jeep Liberty CRD

davebrown
Explorer
Explorer
NaViDa wrote:
Hi All,

I'm now interested in getting a washer/dryer combo for my "Class A 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor" since it has an area in one of the main closet spaces for such an upgrade. Can anyone of you point me in the direction as to where to purchased a reasonably price Combo that you too have enjoyed over the years while Fulltiming in a model similar as mine??

TIA!!

Camping world had a sale on last week for the 2100XC (extra capacity)
vented model at $969.00. great unit

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
twins89 wrote:
Wish you were closer, you could take mine out. We don't fulltime and I would rather have the space.

I was at first concerned about the space, as well, but i live alone, so i'll find a way to put my linens and some folded up pants in a closet organizer in the larger mirrored closet and the 2 mirror spaces on each side of my bed. I donated so much stuff when i moved in here and had to sell my washer and dryer to do so, as well. I actually enjoy going to the laundromat again but its time to focus on equipping my new baby with all the useful appliance possible before all the money runs out, right??
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
BB_TX wrote:
We have been using a Splendide combo the last 7 yrs. Works fine and never a problem with it.
Camping World sells and installs them. Any RV dealer with a decent service department will most likely sell/install them. Shop your area for pricing.

Awesome for i live only 3 miles from Camping World, the place where i got my rv from, as well. I have seen those you mentioned online, wasn't sure if that was the one for my type RV.

thanks a bunch for your advice!
2007 Toyota Prius

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
We have been using a Splendide combo the last 7 yrs. Works fine and never a problem with it.
Camping World sells and installs them. Any RV dealer with a decent service department will most likely sell/install them. Shop your area for pricing.