Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Washer/Dryer Combo

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Hi All,

I'm now interested in getting a washer/dryer combo for my "Class A 1998 Holiday Rambler Endeavor" since it has an area in one of the main closet spaces for such an upgrade. Can anyone of you point me in the direction as to where to purchased a reasonably price Combo that you too have enjoyed over the years while Fulltiming in a model similar as mine??

TIA!!
Full Time, Tree Huggn, Vegan Athlete living on, a shovel of dirt shy of, an acre of land
2007 Toyota Prius
1998 Holiday Rambler Holiday Endeavor 35WGS

:CTime waits for no one
60 REPLIES 60

AllegroD
Nomad
Nomad
HERE is a good site to do some comparing.

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
I'm reading some reviews on Camping World thats stating the "ventless" ones do a better job?? The reason i'm not interested in this type is due to having asthma where i need to keep positive ions like dust and smoke out of my living space so to breathe better. So does it work better because it creates more positive ions inside the unit that can help it clean better too??
Full Time, Tree Huggn, Vegan Athlete living on, a shovel of dirt shy of, an acre of land
2007 Toyota Prius

revump
Explorer
Explorer
We like our Splendide ... just don't try big loads
Bob

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
If I were doing this I'd fine an independant RV mechanic to use for this. Then I'd fine the best price/place to buy unit myself. I'd call some largerer RV places and ask bout pricing to decide for sure which way to go. For me it's all bout what I can keep in my pocket and grt what I want.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Yes Navida. It is the smaller unit. One load door washes and dries in one unit. That's what they call the "combo". The other is the "stack", seperate washer from dryer.
Bry Nelson and a yet to be discovered MoHo momma. '99 Pace Arrow Vision 37ft F53 chassis (plugs tightened) Allure flooring, 15k BTU front a/c , 6-6 volt batts with 1120 watts of solar Magnum inverter Remote BMK Trace C40 2005 Ford Ranger "Toad on a pad".

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
The Splendide VENTED! combo is an excellent W/D unit. Anyone saying anything else has either never used one or has not learned to properly use one.
We have been fulltiming with this W/D for over 14 years and my wife uses this almost exclusively for our clothes cleaning needs. We have washed our sheets, clothes and even some rugs in the unit and it works great. Sometimes if we are working long hours the laundry will build up and it's easier to do a couple of large loads at the campground laundry but that's a fairly rare occurrence.

Is this the combo you're speaking of and is it best to buy it from Camping World or directly from Splendide??

TIA!

http://www.campingworld.com/shopping/item/splendide-2100xc-washer-dryer-combo-white/37344
2007 Toyota Prius

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
NaViDa.......Some terms are getting confusing here. In your coach, I'm guessing, you have a spot for a machine about 36"T x 24"W (approximate). In years past, when they began offering washer/dryer units in RV's, they offered just a SINGLE unit that first washed your clothes and then dried them in the same unit. This is probably all you have room for. It was also called a combo unit because it could wash and dry.

Splendide is probably the most well known name for these combination washer/dryer units. Early Splendide models vented internally and were really slow to dry clothes. Later they began selling the vented version which vented to the outside of the coach. They worked much better for drying.

In the last few years, most RV manufacturers began making room for apartment sized stackable units (two separate units). These were referred to as stackable units, but may be called combo by some.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Satellite wrote:
The Splendide VENTED! combo is an excellent W/D unit. Anyone saying anything else has either never used one or has not learned to properly use one.
We have been fulltiming with this W/D for over 14 years and my wife uses this almost exclusively for our clothes cleaning needs. We have washed our sheets, clothes and even some rugs in the unit and it works great. Sometimes if we are working long hours the laundry will build up and it's easier to do a couple of large loads at the campground laundry but that's a fairly rare occurrence.

you all are awesome here when it comes to helping me make the best decision that suits my lifestyle the most, thank you!!
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
WETSNAIL wrote:
We used the splendide on a sailboat living aboard for 7 years. Not a bit of troublr.

Cork

wow, that had to be a dream come true for ya im sure!!
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
Executive wrote:
We have the Splendide combo unit. While the stacked units work as your home units, IMHO they take up way too much space. As a full timer, unless you're in a hurry, the combo unit works just fine. Put a load in before you go to bed and in the morning, take it out and put it away. Pretty simple. If you want less wrinkles, fold the clothes between the wash and dry cycles.

That said, three caveats...
1. Get the vented unit.
2. Use dryer SHEETS, not LIQUID.
3. As with any dryer, clean the exhaust vent regularly.

Dennis

Thank you!
2007 Toyota Prius

NaViDa
Explorer
Explorer
1BryNelson wrote:
Have a vented Splendade. Works fabulous. Dries clothes just like a full sized one.

The combo??
2007 Toyota Prius

Expyinflight
Explorer
Explorer
The Splendide website states specifically to...never...use fabric softener sheets.
2017 Winnebago Spirit 25b

1BryNelson
Explorer
Explorer
Have a vented Splendade. Works fabulous. Dries clothes just like a full sized one.

Executive45
Explorer III
Explorer III
We have the Splendide combo unit. While the stacked units work as your home units, IMHO they take up way too much space. As a full timer, unless you're in a hurry, the combo unit works just fine. Put a load in before you go to bed and in the morning, take it out and put it away. Pretty simple. If you want less wrinkles, fold the clothes between the wash and dry cycles.

That said, three caveats...
1. Get the vented unit.
2. Use dryer SHEETS, not LIQUID.
3. As with any dryer, clean the exhaust vent regularly.

Dennis
We can do more than we think we can, but most do less than we think we do
Dennis and Debi Fourteen Years Full Timing
Monaco Executive M-45PBQ Quad Slide
525HP Cummins ISM 6 Spd Allison
2014 Chevrolet Equinox LTZ W/ ReadyBrute
CLICK HERE TO VIEW OUR TRAVEL BLOG

WETSNAIL
Explorer
Explorer
We used the splendide on a sailboat living aboard for 7 years. Not a bit of troublr.

Cork