cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

What your opinion of buying a MV from camping World?

Forest66
Explorer
Explorer
Looking at buying a RV from CW and wanted to here some over all opinions on them Good bad and ugly

Thanks
74 REPLIES 74

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
CW

Decent at SALES

LOUSY at Service

You decide.
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
westernrvparkowner wrote:
darsben1 wrote:
If you are buying used the usual terms are as is where is. So if it is not in writing then it does not exist. YOU MUST DO a thorough inspection before paying for the rig. Once you drive it off the lot "to bad so sad"
Some salesman will say anything to feed their family and the term is called puffery. You do NOT have the same rights as when you are buying an automobile.

Do I trust Camping World? NO! Do I trust any other dealer NO! The objective is to sell you the rig, whether or not they have to lie. Do I trust Camping World in Syracuse to tell me the truth? Absolutely NOT! My feeling is the people in that store would lie even if telling the truth made no difference.
INSPECT, DO not take anyone's word for anything. Negotiate an out the door price. Reinspect and do not pay until AFTER everything is fixed to your satisfaction. They want your money with as little work as possible
Your profile indicates you have a 27 year old RV. If you bought it new from them, I would venture to say the people you dealt with are no longer there. If you bought it recently, what exactly should they know, yet lied, about a rig that was built during the first Bush Administration? If you haven't purchased an RV from Camping World, how do you know they are dishonest? Did you form that opinion because of what you have read on the internet? If so, you may need to be aware that everything posted on the internet isn't actually true, contrary to what the girl in the commercial said.
Camping World is by far the largest retailer of RVs in the world. Of course there will be people who have had problems. There isn't a large company in the world that doesn't get complaints and hasn't had product or customer service issues.
These forums are a magnet for those complaints and experiences, since it is directly connected to Camping World. You are going to reach a much more receptive audience complaining about Camping World on an RV forum sponsored by Camping World and frequented by people who are interested in CW and related businesses and activities. Go to an Apple Forum, or a Mercedes Benz forum and you will find a greater concentration of complaints and issues than is the actual failure rate of either of those businesses. Basically, you fish where the fish are.

agree 100% on this post

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
dougrainer wrote:
wildtoad wrote:
We bought our Newmar from CW as they were the only dealer for miles, and they were 90 miles away. Sales process was great, no hassles, no pressure, and a price I was happy with. It definitely helps to know what you want, and how much you are willing to pay ahead of time, so do your homework. Warranty service after the sale was a different question as it seems to take far longer than it should.

Which Camping World sold you a NEW Newmar? Newmar and CW had a falling out with CW years ago and dropped CW from there list of dealers. Doug

Really? well this is for sale there as we opine and it says new??

New 2016 NEWMAR DUTCH STAR 4018
Stock # CNC1229860
http://rv.campingworld.com/new-class-a-diesel-rvs/2016-newmar-dutch-star-4018-1229860
another New 2016 NEWMAR KING AIRE 4553

Mile_High
Explorer
Explorer
I absolutely despise them - sick to my stomach despise.

We bought ours there as a used unit. I wasn't expecting much, but got even less. At the PDI we had wet carpet and they said they just cleaned it, only to find out the fridge valve was broken from freezing and they just shut the water valve off to the fridge when they found out. Finance dept tried to upsell the hell out of us, tyron rings, magic chemicals on the paint, the glass, etc, only to find out it already had Tyron Rings from the first time they sold it! Brought it back one time a week later because the 3rd AC didn't work and he all but told me I was a dummy because it only had 2 ACs and climbed up a ladder to find three, then told me he could look at it in about 6 weeks if I left it but usually those things are just operator error. I told him I just bought it there, and he said "so?" I went straight to the General Manager and it got fixed in a week, but I'm not about to ever return. We found the local Itasca Dealer also runs the freightliner chassis garage here in Denver and it is a class operation.
2013 Winnebago Itasca Meridian 42E
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Sahara Towed

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
wildtoad wrote:
We bought our Newmar from CW as they were the only dealer for miles, and they were 90 miles away. Sales process was great, no hassles, no pressure, and a price I was happy with. It definitely helps to know what you want, and how much you are willing to pay ahead of time, so do your homework. Warranty service after the sale was a different question as it seems to take far longer than it should.

Which Camping World sold you a NEW Newmar? Newmar and CW had a falling out with CW years ago and dropped CW from there list of dealers. Doug

westernrvparkow
Explorer
Explorer
darsben1 wrote:
If you are buying used the usual terms are as is where is. So if it is not in writing then it does not exist. YOU MUST DO a thorough inspection before paying for the rig. Once you drive it off the lot "to bad so sad"
Some salesman will say anything to feed their family and the term is called puffery. You do NOT have the same rights as when you are buying an automobile.

Do I trust Camping World? NO! Do I trust any other dealer NO! The objective is to sell you the rig, whether or not they have to lie. Do I trust Camping World in Syracuse to tell me the truth? Absolutely NOT! My feeling is the people in that store would lie even if telling the truth made no difference.
INSPECT, DO not take anyone's word for anything. Negotiate an out the door price. Reinspect and do not pay until AFTER everything is fixed to your satisfaction. They want your money with as little work as possible
Your profile indicates you have a 27 year old RV. If you bought it new from them, I would venture to say the people you dealt with are no longer there. If you bought it recently, what exactly should they know, yet lied, about a rig that was built during the first Bush Administration? If you haven't purchased an RV from Camping World, how do you know they are dishonest? Did you form that opinion because of what you have read on the internet? If so, you may need to be aware that everything posted on the internet isn't actually true, contrary to what the girl in the commercial said.
Camping World is by far the largest retailer of RVs in the world. Of course there will be people who have had problems. There isn't a large company in the world that doesn't get complaints and hasn't had product or customer service issues.
These forums are a magnet for those complaints and experiences, since it is directly connected to Camping World. You are going to reach a much more receptive audience complaining about Camping World on an RV forum sponsored by Camping World and frequented by people who are interested in CW and related businesses and activities. Go to an Apple Forum, or a Mercedes Benz forum and you will find a greater concentration of complaints and issues than is the actual failure rate of either of those businesses. Basically, you fish where the fish are.

darsben1
Explorer
Explorer

Traveling with my best friend, my wife in a 1990 Southwind

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Dunno what an MV is.

one could easly see Motorized vehicle as in he meant RV as in a Motorhome

Forest66
Explorer
Explorer
2oldman wrote:
Dunno what an MV is.

Typo is was RV

2oldman
Explorer
Explorer
Dunno what an MV is.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
hilldude wrote:
Only dealing with CW was not good,last year drove 370 mi to buy motor home found salesman had lied big time.

I drove 2875 miles to mhsrv of texas and the sales guy there lied like a sidewalk Had I not put down a $5k payment and driven so far
and actually wanted the MH I would have never bought from them so lots of RV dealerships have sales people that lie not just CW seems to be like that out there

wildtoad
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tom Wilds
Blythewood, SC
2016 Newmar Baystar Sport 3004
2015 Jeep Wrangler 2dr HT

usersmanual
Explorer
Explorer
Forest66 wrote:
Looking at buying a MV from CW and wanted to here some over all opinions on them Good bad and ugly

Thanks

There a huge outfit and sell thousands of RV I assume when u say MV you mean a RV?
I personally would buy from them if they had the exact year and model
I wanted and at the price I felt was my best deal available
The bad I have heard is there service centres don't always have the best people working for them

hilldude
Explorer
Explorer
Only dealing with CW was not good,last year drove 370 mi to buy motor home found salesman had lied big time.

USAFBILL
Explorer
Explorer
All depends on the CW location and any reviews posted.. Some have been very good and some of have been very poor...good luck
2003 Cougar 285EFS
2000 Chev 2500 Ex Cab