cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Windshield wiper motor

dollieon
Explorer
Explorer
I bought a 2007 Winnebago Sightseer last September. This spring the wipers started working real slow and some times would not return to the starting position. After awhile the wipers stopped working all together. I had the wiper motor replaced and they worked fine for about a month but at highway speeds they open from the starting position but then it's like the motor is not strong enough to bring them back to the starting position. The wipers work fine when the motor home is stopped or at low speeds (under 40 mph ). I'm a new member to RV.net but I've read where other people have had this problem but never seen a solution. I have lubed the linkage but I really think it's a problem with the motor. The replacement motor is still under warranty so I could have it replaced at no cost but I think there's something better I can do,I hope. I'm hoping there's a real fix for this problem.
4 REPLIES 4

dollieon
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the replays. I have lubed the linkage, and the new motor was put in last May. Coming home from a trip ten days ago with high winds and heavy rain the wipers were pretty much useless. I do like the idea of smaller wiper blades and maybe more aerodynamic. I have also read about a company " AM Equipment co. That has more of an industrial grade wiper motor. I have yet to contact them but definitely will to see if they have a motor that will fit in my motor home.

DSDP_Don
Explorer
Explorer
"dollieon".....Before you go too crazy changing things, first try lubing the mechanism. Your wiper motor is attached to a couple of long arms with several pivot points under the front of your coach. It's a location that is dry and can be dirty. So before you take any other steps, lift the hood and spray the heck out of all the pivot points. If you're wipers don't work after doing that, then pursue other repairs.
Don & Mary
2019 Newmar Dutch Star 4018 - All Electric
2019 Ford Raptor Crew Cab

dakdave
Explorer
Explorer
remove the wiper arms(not blades) and try them to see if motor is overloaded or not.
I have put shorter wiper blades on my dp to cut down on wind resistance and also because i seen no need to clean all that window.Cheaper too.LOL
dave

MountainAir05
Explorer II
Explorer II
there could have put the wrong motor in, Your wiper blades could be too long for the motor they put in. Did it every work with the new motor.