cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Winegard Traveler Satellite VS ..installation.....

mrsportys
Explorer
Explorer
We want a traveler 1000 satellite , period...I hear so many problem stories about the other dome units.
I contacted Fleetwood and decided I wanted the Traveler installed by the same guys who built the coach. They quoted me 10-12 hours of labor to install!!!!
Why? It seems the Fleetwood bounder comes prewired with 2 coax cables (rf1 and rf2) and a power supply harness.
I confirmed this with Winegard as they say the Traveler requires a 6 wire data harness that needs to be installed... thus the extra time quoted by Fleetwood.

Also, my 2014 bounder has never had a satellite on its roof so this a new install.

Any thoughts, suggestions?

Thanks!! :h
16 REPLIES 16

bluwtr49
Explorer II
Explorer II
Unless there is something odd about the Bounder installation should take no more than 2 hours. Typical labor charge is around 300.00 including misc hardware and such.

Find someone else.
Dick

2002 43' DP Beaver Marquis Emerald Cat C-12 505 HP, 1600 Tq
2003 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland ---toad

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Why in all that is holy would you want Fleetwood to do the install? That is plane foolish IMHO. Installation is not hard. Several people have done their own with no problems. If your afraid, any good shop can do it in about 4-5 hours. BTW the control cable is no bigger than a standard RG6 coax.