cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Clear internet access

JaBob
Explorer
Explorer
Went with Vierizon 4 lite access and ny data usage has jumped to 9 Geg. I have 2 IPhones and 2 IPads. Never download movies or stream tv. Soninlow want me to go with Clear. $90 for equipment and no monthly charges. Any thoughts on Clear?

Bob
7 REPLIES 7

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
I read the news article someone linked to about Clear being shut down. NO mention that I saw of "Clear" but it did talk about Sprint's WiMax service.

There are only about 4 major carriers
Verizon
AT*T
T-MOBILE
Sprint

Of the 4 SPRINT is the one most likely to give you NO SERVICE

Verizon, (So I am told) the most likely to give you GOOD coverage.

T-mobile. the one I use.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

i_Corky
Explorer
Explorer
Check Sprint out! I have used them for 11 years.
"Corky" & Marj Sullivan

If you focus on the problem, it gets bigger
If you focus on the solution, it gets bigger
You decide!

ReadyToGo
Explorer
Explorer
there is a Data Manager app for you I products that will show the usage on each device which would help you keep track of the usage. Of course you would have to add the totals together to get the total usage.
From that you could see which device is using the most internet.

path1
Explorer
Explorer
"Any thoughts on Clear?"

I can't post what I think of them or I'd get booted off here.
Maybe they have changed but when we had them had nothing but problems. When it worked it worked real good but to many times nothing.

I will say there customer service was very helpful and could tell me that me my cell tower was down again (I knew its number by heart back then) and they would read to me over the phone what the field tech wrote down as to why it is still broken.

(don't laugh) "Field rep unable to access site".

Well ya, it was on top of a water tower and field tech people wouldn't be there at appointed time for the water dist guy to open fence. Not once but over and over. Called water dist guy he said they have one hour window with appointment and they never kept it, so they would leave to do other stuff. Can't blame them either.

And many places no service at all where other companies did.
2003 Majestic 23P... Northwest travel machine
2013 Arctic Fox 25W... Wife "doll house" for longer snowbird trips
2001 "The Mighty Dodge"... tow vehicle for "doll house"

azrving
Explorer
Explorer
Force updates while on wifi only. Stop background data. I was up to 20 gig but now that I'm home I went with dsl for the summer. Verizon will go to 50 gig for $375.00 a month. lol the verizon data plan is over for us.

naturist
Nomad
Nomad
You need to be aware that there are a whole bunch of things you can do to cut your internet charges on those i devices. There are a number of apps that you can shut down when you are not actively using them, and others that you can make stick only to wifi when it is available. With that much data usage, even with 4 devices going, you have apps running amok.

trnfla
Explorer
Explorer
I believe I read Clear was being shut down. News
Now 2004 Winnie Minnie 31C
Had 2007 Zeppelin 190 Hybrid,
1999 30' Dutchman Classic FW