cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dish Network.....How many ch can one record at one time?

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Using the 211K receiver, how many channels can one record at one time on the additional hard drive? If only one at the time, can you set up many different recording times, as long as they don't overlap?
Can you watch a channel and record another channel at the same time?
I guessing the channels would have to be on the same satellite.
Thanks!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW
2021 Grand Design Reflection 315
8 REPLIES 8

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Sounds like I need to learn more about Hopper.....
Thanks!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
While wandering way off topic for just a second, the Hopper has 3 tuners. You have the choice of programming any 3 recording on those tuners or setting up Prime Time Any Time (PTAT) and you will have full control of 2 tuners and the 3rd tuner will automatically record ABC, NBC, CBS and FOX during prime time storing 8 days of these channels.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
With the proper antenna (A dish type) you can record as many channels as you have receivers or twice as many as you have dual inp;ut DVRs or .. I do not knwo the capabilities of the HOPPER.

The VIP211K is a single channel device so it's one at a time.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
To dan-nickie and kirbybear,

Thanks for the info!
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW

kirbybear
Explorer
Explorer
Also your currently viewed program is always being recorded ( assuming no other recording in progress ) so you can back up if you missed something and pause to come back later and continue watching. This action never shows up in your timed recorded lists. The 211 records approximately 400 SD or 100 HD hours on a 1TB HD.

dan-nickie
Explorer
Explorer
I have the carryout and a 512 dual reciever.
I can record 2 at once if they are on the same sat.
And I can watch the DVR while it is recording those two.

Oops, just realized this may not apply to you if you aready have a 211 receiver.
Dan and Nickie
2014 Forest River Berkshire 390RB

Jay_Pat
Explorer
Explorer
Bill.Winegard wrote:
You only have one tuner so you can only watch or record one single satellite channel at a time. However, if you also connect your over the air antenna (Batwing or similar) you can watch and record one OTA channel and one satellite channel at the same time.
Since you only have one satellite tuner you don't have to worry about pointing to the correct satellite as the antenna will be pointing at the satellite from which the channel is being broadcast.
You can setup the DVR timer to record upcoming programs and the antenna will move to a different satellite should that be necessary. As you noted, you just can't have any over lapping satellite programs scheduled.

Thank you for the info!
I'm getting close to pulling the trigger.......
Pat
2010 Ford F-350 SRW

Bill_Satellite
Explorer II
Explorer II
You only have one tuner so you can only watch or record one single satellite channel at a time. However, if you also connect your over the air antenna (Batwing or similar) you can watch and record one OTA channel and one satellite channel at the same time.
Since you only have one satellite tuner you don't have to worry about pointing to the correct satellite as the antenna will be pointing at the satellite from which the channel is being broadcast.
You can setup the DVR timer to record upcoming programs and the antenna will move to a different satellite should that be necessary. As you noted, you just can't have any over lapping satellite programs scheduled.
What I post is my 2 cents and nothing more. Please don't read anything into my post that's not there. If you disagree, that's OK.
Can't we all just get along?