cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

SiriusXM

BluStem
Explorer
Explorer
I recently received a letter from SiriusXM for a FREE 3 month trial. I took the bait and started the on line sign up process prepared to back out when the CC form showed up. They claimed no strings attached and so far so good, they didnโ€™t ask for a CC number.
Out to the truck I went and all was well for about a minute when it started to sound like a dragging 8-track tape. Then it sounded like an AM fringe signal. Just won't work.
Anyone using SiriusXM with an old (10 year)factory system? I sure cant.
I might as well add that I had it when I bought the truck and it worked fine.
2008 Dodge 2500 Quadcab
2010 Rockwood 2304S
12 REPLIES 12

BluStem
Explorer
Explorer
Not so fast, formally known as Solved
Bad antenna solder connections on the board.
After tearing down the module I could see where the solder was cracked around 3 of the 5 connection points. The module is mounted solid and no stress on the connector but it is 10 years old. I warmed up the iron and remelted the connections. That did it!
Now to swing a deal when it's up...

Seems the module may have some more bad solder joints. Radio fine sitting still but driving it cuts out bad. Back to channel hopping or with a 6 disc system I can at least have my own play list.
2008 Dodge 2500 Quadcab
2010 Rockwood 2304S

DarkSkySeeker
Explorer
Explorer
BluStem wrote:
I recently received a letter from SiriusXM for a FREE 3 month trial. I took the bait and started the on line sign up process prepared to back out when the CC form showed up.

The FREE trial offered to me was just to listen to one promotional channel. I discovered this after I tried to sign up assuming the FREE trial was for all the channels.

I wound up buying a 6 month plan for $30.

I will renew it if I can "deal" as another member noted.
There is something special about camping in an RV.

amxpress
Explorer
Explorer
trb46 wrote:

Terryallan wrote:
And BTW. When it come time to either get your subscription. Deal with them. You can get 6 months for 45 dollars. they will take it rather than lose you.

I did not know that; will try that next year at renewal time.
I get daily emails, 6 months for $29.94, $4.99 a month for Sirius Select. Maybe $45 for All Access?

Iโ€™ve gotten 6 months for $19.95. Theyโ€™ll negotiate if you will.
BTW, my 2007 2500 Dodge has the base radio with factory XM, the only problem Iโ€™ve had is losing reception occasionally near trees. I donโ€™t have this problem with my 2018 Camry. They also updated my firmware.
2021 Toyota Tundra TRD Off Road double cab
2022 Airstream International 27FB
Blue Ox Sway Pro hitch
M.I.L is self quatanting in Jacksonville Zoo

lewisr
Explorer
Explorer
trb46 wrote:
Terryallan wrote:

And BTW. When it come time to either get your subscription. Deal with them. You can get 6 months for 45 dollars. they will take it rather than lose you.

I get daily emails, 6 months for $29.94, $4.99 a month for Sirius Select. Maybe $45 for All Access?
'14 F-150 Super Crew 3.5EB 3.73
'19 Heritage Glen 282RK

ReneeG
Explorer
Explorer
We have a lifetime subscription on a boombox that we initially purchased for XM Radio before they merged and became Sirius. Works great. Love it for dry camping.
2011 Bighorn 3055RL, 2011 F350 DRW 6.7L 4x4 Diesel Lariat and Hensley TrailerSaver BD3, 1992 Jeep ZJ and 1978 Coleman Concord Pop-Up for remote camping
Dave & Renee plus (Champ, Molly, Paris, Missy, and Maggie in spirit), Mica, Mabel, and Melton

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
I had the add-on module fail. They are only $35 on Amazon. Pretty cheap troubleshooting.

trb46
Explorer
Explorer
Terryallan wrote:

2011 Four Winds 23A
Only 48 more states to visit!

Beaker
Explorer
Explorer

Still fine and dandy.
Actually like it better than system in 2012 Subaru.

Although it is now Sirius, originally was XM.
2008 Silverado 2500HD Duramax
2010 Cruiser 26RK

BluStem
Explorer
Explorer
It's a factory system with a factory Sirius module behind the glove box.
I've disconnected and reconnected the power and it updates but still falls flat on it's face.
The module is probably shot the way the audio slows down.
2008 Dodge 2500 Quadcab
2010 Rockwood 2304S

Terryallan
Explorer II
Explorer II
BluStem wrote:
I recently received a letter from SiriusXM for a FREE 3 month trial. I took the bait and started the on line sign up process prepared to back out when the CC form showed up. They claimed no strings attached and so far so good, they didnโ€™t ask for a CC number.
Out to the truck I went and all was well for about a minute when it started to sound like a dragging 8-track tape. Then it sounded like an AM fringe signal. Just won't work.
I might as well add that I had it when I bought the truck and it worked fine.

Turn it on again and see if it "updates" Also you can call and get a code to reflash the radio.

Terry & Shay
Coachman Apex 288BH.
2013 F150 XLT Off Road
5.0, 3.73
Lazy Campers

donn0128
Explorer II
Explorer II
Have a couple of Pioneer Innos thst are at least 10 years old. Still working fine.

LadyRVer
Explorer
Explorer
I have had to call customer service and have them walk me through some procedures while I was in the truck. Also, they told me not to turn the knob to select a channel, but use the up/down buttons on the radio (just FYI.) Did you try turning the engine off, for the old count of 10, and then starting vehicle back up and trying the radio again?