cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
So we're starting to research tire pressure monitoring systems - while on an extremely limited budget. I've found the TireMinder system at Camping World for about $309 for a 6-sensor system, and the EEZ system online for $289 for a 6-sensor system. Has anybody had any experience with these two products - either good or bad?
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004
19 REPLIES 19

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I have the flow-through sensors and if I had to do it over again, I would probably not get them. The air flow is very constricted and takes a long time to add more than a couple of pounds of pressure. And they are quite a bit larger/longer than the non-flow-through. I can see that trying to put them on a dually's rear wheels would be a snug fit, but removing the regular ones to add air would be a real pain also. I would be interested in hearing how it went, whichever way you go. TIA.

I just have the TST on my 5th wheel toyhauler.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

mark5w
Explorer
Explorer
Alan_Hepburn wrote:
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Looking at the TST website it shows their system has flow-through sensors - I've heard from others that those sensors don't work well on duals because of space issues between the wheels. I'm looking into getting rid of my valve stem extensions and going with solid stems that are formed to bring the valves out to the outside but if I don't do that then I think I need to stay with the older sensors that are shorter than the flow-through ones, unless I can be convinced that they will work...

The conventional sensors are still available with the TST system. It's your choice of what you buy.
'13 2018 JAYCO EAGLE HT FIFTH WHEEL | 30.5CKTS- '13 Ford F150 SCREW - PullRite Superslide - Roadmaster Active Suspension

Alan_Hepburn
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for all the advice everyone. Looking at the TST website it shows their system has flow-through sensors - I've heard from others that those sensors don't work well on duals because of space issues between the wheels. I'm looking into getting rid of my valve stem extensions and going with solid stems that are formed to bring the valves out to the outside but if I don't do that then I think I need to stay with the older sensors that are shorter than the flow-through ones, unless I can be convinced that they will work...
----------------------------------------------
Alan & Sandy Hepburn driving a 2007 Fleetwood Bounder 35E on a Workhorse chassis - Proud to be a Blue Star Family!
Good Sam Member #566004

davpratt
Explorer
Explorer
RoyF wrote:
Although davpratt says that "TST and TM ... may be similar", with TST you do not have to push any button or hear any "beep" to read temps/pressures. TST cycles through all times automatically and silently (unless temp/pressure is off enough to sound the alarm).

My BAD!! It was not the TST that is similar to the TireMinder, it is a different one, and I don't have time to search to see which one. Sorry! ๐Ÿ˜ฎ I just heard from the TireMinder folks and their system cannot be silenced, nor can it scroll through the tires automatically. The only way to do that is to push the buttons and hear the beeps. :M -Dave
Dave
'16 Jayco 27DSRL "Motel 4 (wheels)"
'14 Tundra 1794 Crewmax "Silver Dragon"
Member: ACW

filthy_beast
Explorer
Explorer
I too have been happy with my TST system. This is our fourth season with it. Sometimes you cannot tell you have a flat and just keep on driving and tearing up more stuff.
Goody Two Shoes and the Filthy Beast
2008 Silverado 2500HD
2012 Wildcat 282RKX

You cannot make things idiot proof, you can only make them idiot resistant.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
JaBob wrote:
Had one, save your money

Bob
Not good advice.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

RV321
Explorer
Explorer
I have the EEZ system for about a month now. Having less problems than I did with my TST system that I replaced. The EEZ also has a larger screen and it cycles though all the tires all the time unless there is a problem. The battery for the monitor last about 30 days before you have plug it back into the hard wire plug or the cig. light plug.

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
JaBob wrote:
Had one, save your money

Bob

Do not take this advise. A TPMS is probably the best money you will ever spend aside from a carbon monoxide detector.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

JaBob
Explorer
Explorer
Had one, save your money

Bob

powderman426
Explorer
Explorer
lryrob9301 wrote:
You may want to look at 1 more "Tire Traker". I have a 10 sensor unit on my coach/toad that works very well.

X2.
Ron & Charlotte
WD8CBT since 1976
32' Gulfstream Ameri-Camp & 05 Ram QC LB

I started with nothing and I still have most of it left

I never fail, I just succeed in finding out what doesn't work

RoyF
Explorer
Explorer
Although davpratt says that "TST and TM ... may be similar", with TST you do not have to push any button or hear any "beep" to read temps/pressures. TST cycles through all times automatically and silently (unless temp/pressure is off enough to sound the alarm).

davpratt
Explorer
Explorer
I recently bought a TireMinder (TM) system from Amazon.com, so I can speak to it. It looks to me that the TST and TM are made by the same manufacturer and may be similar. Setting up the TM was a relatively simple process - I have 4 sensors put pull a one axle popup, so I put a sensor on each popup tire and a sensor on each of the rear tires of the TV (1500 2WD Suburban). When in operation the TM system has automatic alarms set up to warn you of a high temp, high pressure, or low pressure situation. In order to actually read your temps/pressures you have to push a button on the receiver and, my one complaint about the system, there is a fairly loud "beep" every time you push the button. You have to scroll thru all the tires, with lots of beeps, to see the particular tire you might be concerned about. I have contacted the TM folks to see if there is a way to turn off the beeps, waiting on a response. My DW & DD found the beeps very anoying.

In fairness to the TM system, I was checking things often because I was new to it, it was 100+ degrees outside, and we have had a few blowouts over the years in hot conditions. It would be nice if you could set the TM to display at least one tire's temp & press continuously, but you can't. I am posting this because the actual way a system is operated is important to me. If I had known these details about the TM system, I might have done more reasearch and bought something else that operates in a way better for us. -Dave
Dave
'16 Jayco 27DSRL "Motel 4 (wheels)"
'14 Tundra 1794 Crewmax "Silver Dragon"
Member: ACW

Ranger_Smith
Explorer
Explorer
The system on the EEZ website looks like the TST system. I have the TST system and it is very good.
Where we are now

Amateur Radio Operator WW1SS . . . Flex 6500 PGXL and TGXL
Steve and Joy
2014 Itasca Suncruiser 38Q . . . 2016 Lincoln MKX
The Doodles, Abbie & Abel
Baby and Kissie the Chihuahuas and Lucy the Biewere Yorkie

Don___Carolyn
Explorer
Explorer
x 4 for TST
Don & Carolyn

2006 Dodge 2500 diesel 6 speed