cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Unbelivably bad customer service

BobMary8101
Explorer
Explorer
On the 13th of May I ordered about 100.00 worth of accessories online from the Camping World website. As of today, according to the order status page, the order is still "processing". Last week I both emailed and called the customer service department, they ignored my email and the guy on the phone said that the items have shipped. Today I checked my order status again and it is still "processing". I tried to email them again but now the link does nothing, so I tried calling their 888 number but this time they didn't even answer their phone. I wish I had checked this topic before placing my order. If I had done so, I would never have placed the order with CW. I am very disappointed with CW and Marcus, at one time he would not have allowed things like this to happen. I have learned a very expensive lesson. I know this was long but I really needed to vent.

Bob
Bob and Mary
Isabelle, mini-daschund
2015 KZ Vision TT
14 REPLIES 14

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
I noticed it was about 2 weeks from when you said you placed the order from when you made your first posting in this thread. When I had ordered stuff from CW before, I always had it within a week. However, their system always said it was processing and never that it was shipped. Seems like the "PROCESS" is screwed up.
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

wbwood
Explorer
Explorer
Good Sam Care Team wrote:
BobMary8101,

Thank you for your time and post. I would like to apologize for the delay in contact. If able please send me a PM with the best contact number for you. Thank you in advance.

Thank you,

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

Why would he need to send you his information, when Elizabeth clearly stated she found his information and passed it along?
Brian
2013 Thor Chateau 31L

AndyChristy
Explorer
Explorer
rdmike wrote:
I too have had nothing but problems on my first and will be my last online order with Camping World.

+1

BobMary8101
Explorer
Explorer
Update

I have just returned from camping in Cedar Key, FL for the past week. I wanted to let everyone know that, Thanks to Carli Logan of the Customer service team at Camping World, I received my ordered items within two days of her becoming aware of my situation. She sent me an email with a UPS tracking number and I was able to follow the progress of my items. I appreciate her rapid response to my problem, granted, it should never have happened in the first place, but she actually followed through with actions instead of just words. Thanks again, Carli, and Mark for your help.

Bob & Mary
Bob and Mary
Isabelle, mini-daschund
2015 KZ Vision TT

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
BobMary8101,

Thank you for your time and post. I would like to apologize for the delay in contact. If able please send me a PM with the best contact number for you. Thank you in advance.

Thank you,

Mark
Marcus' Rapid Response Team

BobMary8101
Explorer
Explorer
edatlanta wrote:
Another case of a rapid response to an open forum issue. This time in less than 30 minutes. Yes, problems do exist with any company, but this type of response seems pretty reasonable to me. Maybe our expectations are a little bit high?

Rapid response? As of now I still have not heard anything from anyone who was supposed "to reach out" to me to get this situation corrected. Talk is cheap, it would be nice to have a little action.
Bob and Mary
Isabelle, mini-daschund
2015 KZ Vision TT

4X4Dodger
Explorer II
Explorer II
edatlanta wrote:
Another case of a rapid response to an open forum issue. This time in less than 30 minutes. Yes, problems do exist with any company, but this type of response seems pretty reasonable to me. Maybe our expectations are a little bit high?

Would you have felt the same if you had hung on hold for 30 minutes trying to reach someone about the problem? It seems the OP tried everything (Calling and emails to no avail) and this was his/her last option...I dont call that either efficient or a reasonable response.

I think so may peoples expectations are WAY TOO LOW and that is why so many, including myself have experienced such bad customer service from so many companies including CW and GSE in general.

By this time I would have been done with the entire process.

edatlanta
Explorer
Explorer
Ed
KM4STL

2006 GMC 2500HD CCSB 4x4 Duramax/Allison, Titan 52 gallon fuel tank, Prodigy Controller, B&W Companion Hitch, Progressive Industries EMS-PT50C, TST Systems 507 TPMS
2010 Jayco Designer 35RLTS,Cummins/Onan RV QG 5500 EVAP
Fulltime since 2010

rdmike
Explorer
Explorer
I too have had nothing but problems on my first and will be my last online order with Camping World.
Fleetwood Providence 39L
Ford Fiesta Toad
Retired, spending our winters in Thailand / spring - fall traveling the great USA

Good_Sam_Care_T
Explorer
Explorer
Hello BobMary8101,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention and my sincere apologies for the experience you have had. I was able to locate your information and forwarded this to my team that can most efficiently assist you to request that someone reach out. If I can be of further assistance, please let me know. Thank you for your time!

Elizabeth
Marcus Rapid Response Team

newman_fulltime
Explorer
Explorer
Just cancel the order dont accept the delivery if shipped several things can be done

Dog_Folks
Explorer
Explorer
No need to apologize for the length. It is relatively short compared to some "rants" here.

Every one needs to vent sometime.

Hopefully, the Rapid Response team will jump in soon and solve your problem.

Happy Camping.
Our Rig:
2005 Dodge 3500 - Dually- Cummins
2006 Outback 27 RSDS

We also have with us two rescue dogs. A Chihuahua mix & a Catahoula mix.

"I did not get to this advanced age because I am stupid."

Full time since June 2006

kalynzoo
Explorer
Explorer
I will make the assumption that you used a credit card to place the order. Call the credit card company and dispute the charges as not received and then refuse the order if and when it arrives.

darsben
Explorer II
Explorer II
First clear your cookies and cache for your browser. If the order still says processing then cancel the shipment since it has not shipped and then call your CC company. Then order somewhere else
Traveling with my best friend my wife!