cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Using Winegard Satelite Dish Far From Home???

BradW
Explorer II
Explorer II
We just got back from a trip to Yellowstone from our home in Alabama. We could never get our Winegard Roof Dome Antenna and Direct Satellite Receiver functioning properly.

I admit that this is all pretty new to us, but we did get it all to work before we left home.

Our dish system is pretty simple, just turn it on and let it find the satellite. Then we have to go through set up mode on the Direct receiver. We could never get the thing working. We tried at 3 differ locations while on the trip. They all had unobstructed views of the southern sky.

I guess we should have called Winegard or Direct help line, but we never really needed it to work to actually watch something important, we were just making sure we knew how to use it. Well obviously we didn't and it was usually late in the day when we tried and we just gave up.

My question is, since we travelled a long ways west and a long ways north, is there something we should have done differently to set up the antenna or Direct receiver to tell it we needed to look at a different satellite or whatever?

Thanks for any help,
bradw
Wake Up America
2019 Lance 1062 and 2018 F-350 CC PSD 4X4 DRW
Tembrens, Rear Roadmaster Sway Bar, Torklift 48" Extention and 30K Superhitch
Our New Lance 1062 Truck Camper Unloading at Dealer Photos
15 REPLIES 15

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
I use the same setup. We've been all over the country with no problems, so it's not a location issue. I think the box isn't getting the sat signal.
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE