cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Anyone Harvest host members

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
Seems like a good idea. Anyone with any experience.
13 REPLIES 13

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
We joined Harvest Hosts after reading this thread and we just got back from the first trip we used HH on. We stayed at a winery on Cape May NJ and a farm in Hackettstown NJ on the way back from Assateague.

The people at both places were great and the accommodations beautiful. At the winery they parked us in the corral at the back of the property and we were all by ourselves. After the winery closed, it was quiet and dark, Of course we had to by some wine ๐Ÿ™‚ While we were tasting the owner sat down and we had a long conversation about RV traveling etc.

Donaldson Farm in Hackettstown was a stop to see a cousin I hadn't seen for a while. The only local RV park is terrible and on our list of never going back there. They bought us into a field in the back of the farm stand next to the greenhouse and the the equipment barn. Everyone that went by waved hello and the manager was very helpful Of course we had to buy some veggies and baked good ๐Ÿ™‚

So, in general, I think Harvest Hosts is a great idea and we'll plan to stop at one every trip. As for "free" accommodations, we haven't seen that yet.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

ependydad
Explorer
Explorer
We talked to one host and they seemed to enjoy us visiting. They were happy to tell us about their farm and even gave us a bit of education on baby chicks (they did a "baby chick borrowing" thing).

The other host welcomed us graciously. We only dealt with store clerks, but they were all friendly.

More about our experienecs and some pictures at:
Overnight at Wineries, Farms, and other places with Harvest Hosts
2017 Spartan 1245 by Prime Time
2018 Ram 3500 Crew Cab DRW w/ 4.10 gears and 8' bed
FW Hitch: TrailerSaver TS3
Learn to RV- learn about RVing - Towing Planner Calculators - Family Fulltiming FB page

northmeck0255
Explorer
Explorer
In our experience, the hosts have been very positive. They typically have tons of available space, but struggle to get customers to trek out to their facility. HH is a "win/win".
2010 Airstream 27FB Classic Limited
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4

2gypsies1
Explorer
Explorer
Snowman9000 wrote:
Does anyone have a feel for how the hosts in general are liking the program?

They sell wine. The majority of folks using this program do not use it for free. They buy. ๐Ÿ™‚ They are the type of people who enjoy wine tasting. They go and buy a bottle or two . . or more.
Full-Timed for 16 Years
.... Back in S&B Again
Traveled 8 yr in a 40' 2004 Newmar Dutch Star Motorhome
& 8 yr in a 33' Travel Supreme 5th Wheel

Snowman9000
Explorer
Explorer
Does anyone have a feel for how the hosts in general are liking the program?
Currently RV-less but not done yet.

Cdaddy
Explorer
Explorer
I was told some have some utilities. Hershey PA I was told has electric and restrooms

tatest
Explorer II
Explorer II
Depends on where you are, where the hosts are, and whether you are ready for overnighting without utilities. I have friends who have joined and made good use of a few locations in the Northeast for overnight stops, enjoying the experience.

I haven't joined because there are not many locations where I RV, and since my wife died I am using my RV differently, i.e. longer stays in campgrounds rather than constantly moving with only single-night stops.

If I was traveling in the RV, I would probably join, since most of the hosts seem to be wineries, I drink wine, and stop at wineries any time I find them while road tripping.
Tom Test
Itasca Spirit 29B

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Used it once, it was a nice experience, like having our own vineyard.

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

drsteve
Explorer
Explorer
For those who are wondering what this is all about...

https://harvesthosts.com/
2006 Silverado 1500HD Crew Cab 2WD 6.0L 3.73 8600 GVWR
2018 Coachmen Catalina Legacy Edition 223RBS
1991 Palomino Filly PUP

northmeck0255
Explorer
Explorer
We love it!
2010 Airstream 27FB Classic Limited
2012 Ram 3500 DRW 4X4

azdryheat
Explorer
Explorer
What is it?
2013 Chevy 3500HD CC dually
2014 Voltage 3600 toy hauler
2019 RZR 1000XP TRE

SpeakEasy
Explorer
Explorer
We joined this year. So far we've been to four locations. I like it, but there is a wide variety of experiences. Some are great, others are - meh. Like most things.

-Speak
It's just Mrs. SpeakEasy and me now (empty-nesters). But we can choose from among 7 grandchildren to drag along with us!

2014 F-150 Super Crew Short Bed 3.5L Ecoboost
2014 Flagstaff Micro Lite 23LB

chris3403
Explorer
Explorer
Yes, I am currently on my 2nd year. It has been one of the best experiences I have had.
I've been to all 50 States but my RV hasn't.