cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Bay View CG

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
DW and I just finished a season of workamping at Bay View CG in Bourn MA. It was a great summer. The CG was wonderful, and the entire staff were a pleasure to work with. We were asked to come back next summer. Negotiations are in progress. This is the first CG that we considered returning to for our summer job.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi
1998 Country Coach Intrigue
2000 Jeep Wrangler Sahara
7 REPLIES 7

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
mikeblanc413 wrote:
I agree with ozarktrvlr...my question is...if it was so great...why does there need to be any negotiation

The negotiation is because they offered us a management position for next year and there were a few details to iron out. We received word today that the terms for next year have been agreed on by all parties so we'll be back there next year.
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi

mgh122
Explorer
Explorer
Your experience may differ, ours did:(
Mike & Peg
Aint' life grand!!
'05 Discovery 39S
'04 Grand Cherokee Freedom, M&G, Roadmaster Sterling
http://discovery-on-the-road.blogspot.com/
Zeus the Wonder Dog
"makes you wonder doesn't he"

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
I agree with ozarktrvlr...my question is...if it was so great...why does there need to be any negotiation?
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas

DeepLiquid
Explorer
Explorer
Might have to try that place when we hit the road and are looking for a workamping spot. I don't remember it well, but Bourne is my home town.

ozarktrvlr
Explorer
Explorer
Hopefully Mike is just commenting on the fact that there are places that Workampers enjoy but you have to experience it for yourself. I think we all aspire to work in a place like that. Glad you enjoyed your summer.
Do they still talk funny up there?

Sez_Hoo_
Explorer
Explorer
Mike what are you talking about. We already worked one season there and it was good. Not sure what you are getting at
Steven
USCG EMC Ret.
Lilly Pi

mikeleblanc413
Explorer
Explorer
Almost every situation looks romantic from a distance. The only way to find out if that romance is really there, and will continue to exist, is to get into the thick of things.

For me, many times the cloak of romance is removed very quickly! You learn, you move on!
Mike LeBlanc
The Piney Woods Of East Texas
Lufkin, Texas