RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

newcomer towing question?

gvwr is 7000 poundsGawr frt is 3925Gawr rr is 4000In my manual is says the gvwr is including the driver, gas and cargo i dont exactly know what that meansAccording to this whats my limit on what i can tow? Im shopping around for travel trailers and h...

ATK tomorrow

After 2 postponements, tomorrow I will have my above the knee amputation. Not looking forward to it, but at same time I am. This is a result of an accident 6 years ago that left me with a fused hip, 8' of metal rod with a hinge for a knee, and so muc...

converter tow dolly

I want to haul a large trailer with my class a motorhome. my problem is excessive tongue weight. I recently saw a dolly and trailer combination in North Florida on the interstate. It was designed to reduce tongue weight on motor home. Looked commerci...

Gypsy1 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

This is our TT, what the heck can tow it??

So I did my research before we bought a trailer to be sure we would get a trailer that was towable. Then after purchasing a 30ft trailer we found out we were expecting our 6th child! Our 2 bunk trailer we just bought would be just impossible with ...

jlfought by Explorer
  • 26 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing a VW Beetle or? on an Acme Tow Dolly

I sold my Diesel Silverado and we now have only one car a Hyundai Azera.We acquired a new Fleetwood Tioga Montera and I plan on buying a second car and I would like a Beetle Convertible (lost youth ha ha) and might tow it with an Acme Tow Dolly that ...

seb1899 by Explorer
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Sealing floor

Getting ready to install flooting vinyl floor in my camper do I seal the floor with something like Kilz or leave the plywood floor as is ? I know I will get good ideas so,thanks in advance

Help with battery issue..Jeep Wrangler

Okay, I have a 2010 Newmar Canyon Star towing a 2008 Jeep Wrangler. If I run a full day, towards the end of the day, my auxiliary braking system will alert me to a low battery. This means the jeep may or may not start at that point.In order to tow th...

Camping world thief

Looking for a little advice. Had to leave my RV at Camping World in Albuquerque for some repairs (big slide wouldn't extend). Was told it was going to take a while to get the parts. We are full time with no S&B but luckily we had some relatives appro...

calamus by Explorer
  • 53 replies
  • 0 likes

8% grade descent

Newbie Here. F350 and 37' fifth wheel.Yesterday I went down an 8 degree slope and left it in Tow Haul while using the breaks on trailer and truck to slow me down. I was thinking I might have been better off starting in 2nd gear at the top of the hill...

PatsRock by Explorer
  • 40 replies
  • 0 likes

Denali 268fb

We purchased a new Dutchmen 268 FB Denali in Jan 2014, it was last years model but brand new. My biggest problem is that the first rain storm we went threw flooded the inside of the trailer due to what I believe is a design flaw with the slide. The o...

Blue Ox Sway Pro Installation

Hi,I am looking into purchasing the Blue Ox Sway Pro (model BXW1000) for my TT. The tow vehicle is a 2013 F-150 EcoBoost with the max tow package and trailer is a 2004 Keystone Cougar 29RLS, weighing ~6500 with a tongue weight of ~900 lbs.Has anyo...

50A Idea

I am by NO means an electrical engineer. I still don't know 100% what the true difference is between amps and watts and volts. But I had a recent idea and I wonder if this would help us out with our Work & Play (30amps). We've taken the camper out th...

Migraines, weather triggers, am I doomed?

Hi all, I have chronic migraine and my biggest trigger is barometric pressure changes, which happen constantly here in WI--year round. Anyone else with the same issues that can chime in on how fulltiming has been for them? Will altitude changes likel...

Attempted Fuel Theft

I know someone who parked his truck and went in a store. Upon returning to truck he noticed fuel on the ground. Looking under the truck he found a drill bit sticking out of his tank. It seeme likely the thief was looking for gasoline and too stupid t...

Raften by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes