RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Candles in RV?

I've always understood that burning candles in RVs is frowned upon - but why, exactly? Is there something inherently more dangerous about candles in an RV than in a house? I read something that they cause 1 - 2% of fires in RVs, and I don't know ho...

Events for Groups

I am not sure if this is the right forum for this question. I am workamping at the park where we currently stay. We have reservations for several groups who are interested in group activities when they come and visit our park. If you are workamping, ...

CO DMV and split model year coach

Since we have stopped full timing and settled in CO, we got our new drivers licenses a couple of days ago and yesterday I went to the DMV office to get the titles for the motor home and Honda switched from SD to CO. CO requires a VIN inspection which...

Clay_L by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Update on Ann

For all those who gave genuine comments of concern and those who contacted me directly, I thought I would just let you know........Ann found a companion. Someone who she has known for years. Both couples have known each other since high school. His w...

loulou57 by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

Do you suffer from Stuff-o-cation?

We have only been back in our stick & brick in NC for two weeks and I am already suffering from stuff-o-cation. Went over to the TT last night to put clean linens in and I just wanted to stay right there. After nearly three months in less than 200 sq...

lizzie by Explorer
  • 41 replies
  • 0 likes

Silverado - Fuse for Trailer Battery Charging?

I have an 2002 Silverado and just got a trailer. Per the chevy manual, I need to install a fuse so that the trailer battery will charge from the truck. Unfortunatly, the manual is not clear on the fuse location. Would this be "STUD #1 Accessory Po...

mcman56 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Wheel bearing repacking

Hi everyone, My TT is beginning its 2nd season of use - bought brand new in Jan 13'. I store it from October to April. I am about ready to head on a 2 week trip and was wondering about repacking the wheel bearings. I was planning on getting them repa...

Rainier by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Small Generator question

I sleep with a CPAP. When we go out we always have electric hook ups. However I am planning to take a motorcycle trip with some friends. Two of us have CPAPs for sleeping. I am trying to figure out a small power source to run our units over night. I...

5th Airborne question

Just got my new Reese 5th Airborne out of the box. Under the hitch where the airline goes up into the bag are two bolts. They are sticking out about an inch. Is that right?

Bear Beds

Has anyone purchased one of these beds or have any knowledge of these beds?Bear Beds

Childcare

My husband and I are considering the fulltime lifestyle. I am a RN and would be working as a travel nurse. We have a 2 year old that would need to be in daycare while I work. How do other fulltime families deal with this? (My husband won't always...

mahafae by Explorer
  • 27 replies
  • 0 likes