RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Ford Ecoboost Problems

http://editorial.autos.msn.com/blogs/blog--nhtsa-investigates-fords-ecoboost-v6-following-two-lawsuits?icid=autos_4373

craiger4 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

Camper Slides Forward When Unhitching

When we came back from our last trip it was raining when we packed up and was still raining when we got home and backed the TT in the slightly sloped to the road driveway. We put one of those orange plastic chocks under a tire on each side of the TT...

Flat Towing a Convertible Automatic

Hi I would like to know if anyone is Flat Towing a Convertible that is an automatic. I would like to be able to flat tow a convertible but I want an automatic. I can't seem to find any convertibles that are automatic that can be flat towed. T...

johnbo by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Miles or hours how do you plan your day's drive?

I am a firm believer in hours. With unfavorable traffic conditions a person could spent 8 hours behind the wheel and only travel 200 miles. I personally believe that limiting hours is a safer way to be sure the driver will stay fresh and alert. Profe...

Use of Generators to run Air Conditioners when camping

Does everyone but us get to run their generators anytime they want to...It just blows me away when I read about everyone buying and apparently using generators for their air conditioners for camping off the power grids. Just about every day we read a...

RoyB by Explorer II
  • 128 replies
  • 0 likes

Proper way to weigh rig? Scale update.

I am going to do some weighing at a scale and was wondering what is the best way to do this. I am trying to see if my WD system(Equalizer) is setup properly and also to find out my tongue weight.Thank you.

mojoroo by Explorer
  • 22 replies
  • 0 likes

RV Driving Instructor - Kansas City area

Driving schoolThis is a very part time activity that can augment some of your retirement income. You need a background in teaching, heavy vehicle operation, good oral skills, and a knowledge of RV systems. This is a great way to meet new friends an...

gma77 by Explorer
  • 3 replies
  • 0 likes

Got a great grill at BJ's Wholesale Club today

I was just about ready to buy the Master Forge at Lowe's that's $79 until I found this one at BJ's. It has 275 sq in cooking area, twin 10,000 BTU burners, all stainless steel with locking lid, and came with the hose and regulator for standard LP ga...

Stclairm by Explorer
  • 20 replies
  • 0 likes

Even brake replacement

Guess I should have included this above. Am considering replacing the Even brake with either Invisibrake from Roadmaster or the Ready Brake. Any suggestions?

I discovered ants in my RV

I picked up the RV in FL about 30 days ago, drove it home to SC where it sat for a week while I packed. I spent 5 days in 3 different campgrounds between NC and PA then the holiday weekend in the parking lot of Camping World while I had my A/C worked...

2 part question

Hey all, First question. How many leave their fridge on and stocked all season if they are camping quite a bit. I've always shut it down and unloaded it but I been talking to rvers that leave it running. 2nd question. Should I disconnect my batteries...

MMarty by Explorer
  • 18 replies
  • 0 likes

RV to TOAD Connector Cable

RV has 7 pin round connector - TOAD has 4 pin round. Hooked up and tested and no brake lights. I checked the connector cable and the only pins on the 7 side were - Ground, Left TS, Right TS and Lights. RV has an output for brakes which I tested an...

dbs944 by Explorer
  • 5 replies
  • 0 likes

Junking an Old RV

After 40 years of use, I believe it's time to throw in the towel on our first tt. Being at a seasonal site, it hasn't had a license plate for years, plus it has the original tires. My question is: what options are available, for example, junk yard, p...