RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Install CB radio or not?

I have a nice CB radio from a few years back from our last RV. With cell phones, GPS with traffic/etc., and FRS radios, does CB still have a place under the dash?I don't just want to throw it away but it seems redundant. I will still have to get new ...

Another junk hitch lock

Ridiculous how weak the lock on this Master brand hitch lock is. Looks like a decent design if it had a better lock.ClickyMaster two-ferClicky

Safety

Hi All.. Maybe it is just me but I am getting concerned about our personal safety at camp grounds. Should a camper carry a weapon(gun)in the camper? Currently I do not. Jim2007

Jim2007 by Explorer
  • 200 replies
  • 0 likes

Not been a good week for the motorhome

We needed to get repairs done on our motorhome that costs us $6,142!! Needed routine maintenance and a new roof. DH picked it up as as he was driving it home, it was shaking bad. Although he was only going about 35 mph (all backroads)he wasn't sure i...

Grease soaked brakes, Will Lippert reimburse me?

In preparation for an upcoming trip I pulled the drum brakes and found all seals leaking and two of the drum brake assemblies completely soaked with grease.Ive read up on Lippert axles and am aware of the issues people are having.Im not going to take...

73guna by Explorer
  • 33 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing Ford Fiesta

Presently we tow a Chevy Sonic behind a 30 ft. Class C and it's great although the 4 in. drop hitch I have to use drags easily. I'm thinking of a Ford Fiesta(hatchback non-turbo). Looks fun to drive, even a little lighter. How is the height of the to...

O2 sensor stuck lean

Hi!I own a 2008 Ford V-10 that trips the check engine light at idle - bank 1 sensor 1 stuck lean.Two possible causes, vacuum leak or mass air flow sensor. I think.Anyone had the same problem? Thanks,Mike

I'm a newbie. HELP ME.

Back story: This is our 5th trailer. We have been Rving for over 25 years.Oregon Coast, pouring rain. Backed into our site, leveled side to side, chocked wheels, un-hitched from the truck, leveled front to back, put down stabilizers, plugged in elec...

Overflow In Fresh Water Tank

In both my latest Class A's I have had what I think is a faulty fill valve. When connected to city water, this slowly causes the fresh water tank to fill and overflow. My dealer finds no problem although he says they have had a number of similar co...

JackInAZ by Explorer
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Help with mold odor in S&B after winters away?

I am very sad to find that my S&B now smells like mold. I thought it would dissipate, airing it out all last summer, but it never did. This year I was only gone two months, but it's much worse.I need advice!I'm aware that mold odor is usually cause...

Naio by Explorer
  • 11 replies
  • 0 likes

Ford Focus and braking system

With out playing the blame game or crying of spilt milk. We now have a Stay n Play brake system in our vehicle, which now, we realize cannot be used.In order to power the braking system we have to have a battery. To tow our 2016 Ford Focus 4 down, ...

Inflatable Boat and 5th wheel

We have plans to purchase a 10-11 ft. inflatable boat (80-100 lbs.; most fold down to 50x24x14) and a 8-10 HP outboard motor (80-85 lbs.) to take with us on on our travels with our 33 ft. 5th wheel. Curious how others deal with inflating, deflating,...

otrfun by Explorer II
  • 7 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing a Coleman Popup with 2013 Grand Caravan

Good Afternoon,I'm posting this question because I'm having trouble sorting out a decision to buy. In my area, someone is selling a gorgeous 2000 Coleman Fairview with just about every option for a very good price. The spec sheet they showed my lis...

ISR Series PullRite Super Lite

Is anyone using one of these yet for their fifth wheel of Toy Hauler? I'm trying to find out if they cut down on or eliminate chucking and banging.Thanks

1Adam12 by Explorer
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes