RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Question abour Ready Brake turnbuckle

We have an appointment next week to have our 2013 Honda CRV set up to be towed. This will be our first toad, and we know we have a lot to learn. After a lot of research, we’re having a Blue Ox base plate installed, the tail lights wired, and we hav...

PandS by Explorer
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

insulin from Canada

As there are many of our friend from Canada here on the forum, can anyone tell me about how to get my insulin from Canada? I see a lot online, but I do not to want to send money to, or get medications from a source that I know nothing about. As I r...

Johno02 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Why do You Workamp (or volunteer)

To the Moderator: please do not put this post in workcamping forum. That forum is DEAD. And truly this is a subject that is of interest to many who would not think to go there for this.In another posting I was the target of a somewhat unkind and need...

Private RV lot

I vacation in Western North Carolina in the summer and winter in Eastern South Carolina in my RV. I prefer the quiet of my own space and am contemplating buying a small piece of land in each location and putting utilities on it. I have no plans to re...

mikec88 by Explorer
  • 19 replies
  • 0 likes

air compressor advice

Ok, I recently put LT tires on my F150. I will be airing them up and down depending on whether towing from about 40-42 to 55.I currently own one of these. Mine is a little older but basically the same:https://www.lowes.com/pd/Kobalt-12-Volt-Car-Air-I...

How about a Forum for all the California Haters?

I just read the post about RV friendly cities and states. Such venom from East of the Mississippi and folks that can't even spell California. For awhile the California bashing was so bad that the Mods were closing posts bashing California. Now it ...

GiraffeG4

Anyone using GiraffeG4 system?If so what is your thoughts on it?Thank youRick

Quick connect water inlets

I have been interested in using quick connects on my RV water inlets for a while now, but was always stopped by the fact that the new inlet would be wide open for anything to crawl into my fresh water tank.I found the answer today, I'm using 1/2" Bai...

Equinox Question

About a month ago, I installed a Roadmaster baseplate on my wife's inherited 2011 Nox, 4 cylinder. I wired up the tail lights with diodes.This weekend, I towed the Nox for the second time. All went well, BUT I noticed (in my mirrors) that when turn...

Getting ready

Well now, we are a few days into official spring. The weather is warming up, supposedly, & it is time to think about spring overhaul, fix what is broken & replace what looks like it is about to break.What is on your list?The truck got its annual phys...

Veebyes by Explorer II
  • 2 replies
  • 0 likes

Spilled Lots of Dish Soap into Gray Water Tank - An Issue?

We put a fairly large container of dish soap in the sink before we headed down the road. Predictably, it leaked. The good news is that our Class A is now smells like freshly picked apples. The bad news is that it's because all of that dish soap is...

AK_Kid by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Dometic RM2554 (General question)

I have a Dometic RM2554 that hasn't really worked correctly since new. My RV has 2 side vents that I have added 4 fans for airflow. Also added a in fridge fan. Anytime the temp is under 50 degrees the freezer and refrig are fine. Any higher and the...

Camco Gen-turi generator exhaust system

Going to the Albuquerque Balloon Festival this Fall. RVs will really be parked close together and it is dry camping where we will be. Will be using our generator quite a bit. Does this system work and is it worth the money? Looks like in addition ...

Geobiker by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Very noisey water heater

I have not thought much about the sound of our water heater until a couple of weeks ago when we were in a campsite that is side by side with another site. Our neighbors were very close and nothing between us and them. Being dry sites, we try not to...