RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Maxxfan issue....

My 5th wheel has a Maxxfan 4700k in the master bedroom. The issue I am having is the power opening lid sticks in the closed position until I manually free it then it works just fine. I initially thought that the lid was simply dirty and sticking but ...

garysol by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes

Renting an Rv

I have a friend that is trying to locate places that rent RVs. One of the websites stated that Camping World sometimes rents. Does anybody have any knowledge of this? Also, is there a site that is reliable for finding rentals?

emtp82 by Explorer
  • 9 replies
  • 0 likes

Mountain Towing

I am planning on taking an extended trip that will include time in Leadville, Colorado at 10,000 ft, and other western states. I am looking for advice from those who have done mountain and high altitude towing with a similar set up to what I have (se...

bogie514 by Explorer
  • 36 replies
  • 0 likes

Sunblocker in Awning

I have the sunblocker screen that slides in the grove of the awning drum. My awning is automatic and I would like to be able to roll the awning up temporarily like if the wind kicks up or overnight not to store or transport. Anybody do this?Thanks

1L243 by Explorer II
  • 1 replies
  • 0 likes

Don't be this person--PIC

A. As a truck driver, it is discouraging when I hear someone make a comment about "those dumb@$$ truck drivers". First off, I bees calledge ejukated--second, most drivers are just trying to make a living. RVers seem to have a bit of a love/hate relat...

Awesome Tool

While getting my cheap valve stems replaced today, I noticed the tire shop wasn't too knowledgeable about the torque recommendations. So I intervened to make sure they weren't going too tight. I told the guy 100 lbs. and he said, no problem, and went...

Keys! Really People?

One gripe I've had since buying the new Vengeance is something I keep forgetting to bring up here on the forums. But today, I finally remembered. Let's face it. RV.net is a wonderful place to just blow off some steam about petty little things regardi...

Best brand & type of tire for a tow dolly?

The tires on my tow dolly need replaced. Seems the last ones that I got just didn't last that long. I'll check tomorrow to see how many miles I have on them, but does anyone have any suggestion on a brand or type of tire that would last longer? The ...

Leveling trailer front to back for towing

I'm towing a 31' Jayco Whitehawk TT with a 2014 Ford F150 w/MaxTow and Heavy Duty package. I've just upgraded tires and wheels from LRC 14" to LRD 15". The new tires are taller by a half inch in radius. Prior to changing over, the trailer pulled f...

Goose neck and 5th wheel?

It has been forever since I have been on this forum as I have been out of the RV scene for a while. Looks like we are finally getting back to it. I have a truck with a goose neck hitch installed. I am wanting to put a 5th wheel hitch for towing. Is i...

Neal_B_ by Explorer II
  • 14 replies
  • 0 likes

Using an Electric Vehicle as a Toad (on a trailer)

Noticed a 2016 leaf on a trailer behind a Monaco Signature the other day. Curious how many others are thinking of going this route. We are towing Angelas Smart Electric down south this year (as opposed to my diesel smart) but it was easy for us as ...

New Grill For Camping

We've had a Green Mountain Grills Daniel Boone grill at home for about 3 years, and we love it. I finally got their portable model, the Davy Crockett, for camping. It replaces our Coleman RoadTrip grill. This grill can grill at high temps, and smo...

DanKirk by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes

Towing difference?

I would like to know if anyone can tell me if there would be much difference in towing an 8000 lb trailer or a 7000 lb trailer . My truck is a 2013 f250 gasser and I have the equalizer weight distribution hitch. there is less than a foot difference i...

Bobj616 by Explorer
  • 10 replies
  • 0 likes