RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Government shut down?? *#%&(#*&

Son who works for blm has announce that there is a good chance of government shutdown AGAIN. We are set for Arches National Park just in time for shut down AGAIN.Will we never see this park??? I wish they would get their financial act together and ...

dcason by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

Atwood water tank thermostat broken

So, I have what I believe is at 6 gallon Atwood elec/propane hotwater tank from the 1995 era...I was gutting my trailer and had to remove it to put new flooring in. I tried to disconnect the black wire connector and it was brittle enough to break off...

LP shut off at high altitude

Have a friend that pulled his RV through the mountains to CA this past summer and said when he got up in the higher elevations his frig shut down due to LP not lighting. Read something in his owners manual about it doing this. Is this a common issue ...

Blueridge Parkway questions

Blueridge Parkway questionsPlaning a trip on the Blueridge Parkway and my cousin told me it is kind of narrow. My question is there any problem pulling a fifth wheeler on there? Anyone been there, also is there much of a incline?TIA, Bob

tvman44 by Explorer
  • 21 replies
  • 0 likes

TEXAS GATE GUARDS

We spoke with Sitewatch today and will be speaking with them again tomorrow with regard to a longer term construction gate job near Houston and possible oil/gas gate jobs in Texas.Does anyone have experience with this company and/or these jobs? (Or s...

Outside TV Mount

I have seen and read many different options to mount a tv on the outside of your RV. However we spent the last couple of days at the Hershey show and came across a solution that requires no holes in the side of your unit. Thought it was a bit pricy,...

DRM796 by Explorer II
  • 15 replies
  • 0 likes

RV or camping manners....

This is why I am posting this topic. We were parked in a RV/Resort type place. This only happened once in many years of RVing.We had friends over for burgers and eats. Just as we were sitting down to eat at our table in our yard around 4 or 5 PM ...

Dustytuu by Explorer
  • 99 replies
  • 0 likes

WDH with F350 and 8000lb trailer

Ok so I have and use a Weight distribution hitch. Figured it's the safe thing to do and I already owned one. I have always had truck campers but first time towing large trailers (trailer in sig). My truck is setup for carrying a lot of weight, my p...

Dirtpig by Explorer
  • 8 replies
  • 0 likes

Great Company!

I bought a used cover for my RV last fall on Craigslist. The PO had never put it on his RV. This spring when we were removing it the zipper caught on the awning tube and ripped the zipper pull right out of the zipper. Last week I sent Classic Indust...

Motor Home burns

I have watched the video's of the motor home fire in the town of Pocono Pa. and can't help but wonder how such a big fire would erupt before anyone on board would notice while driving thru town? My though would be a propane leak inside the MH and th...

Does anyone have experience with Convert A Ball?

I have a boat, utility trailer and travel trailer that gets towed behind our truck. The travel trailer uses a 2-5/8* weight distribution hitch. I don't like having to switch hitches when I go to tow something like the utility trailer that uses a 2* b...

RV Antifreeze

For those of us who DO NOT full time ( so don't rub it in) ... And those of us that don't live in the warm weather all the time ( so don't rub it in ) ... I was just at Wally World and my local store has RV antifreeze on fir $2.25 a gallon.. Last yea...

Dual cam on e350

So I bought myself a e350 12 pass van this weekend as a upgrade from a 1500 yukon xl. My tounge weight is around 780. I have a dual cam setup. I am assuming I won't need the snap up brackets as much now and there won't be as much tension on them...

NCMODELA by Explorer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 likes