RV Tips & Tricks
Looking for advice before your next adventure? Look no further.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Conversations

Recommend a Propane Regulator

I'm looking for a quality propane regulator on a two tank system. I'd like: two-stage, vertical mount with the mounting bracket, non-Chinese (like Camco), made in USA or some other higher quality (I don't want to just assume USA is quality).I don't m...

Lafayette, Louisiana

Heading across country from California. Next stop is Lafayette, Louisiana ,interested in civil war history, any places that someone would like to share that you really enjoyed? Thank you.

Brake Controler Problem...Update

My SIL has a Prodigy brake controller on his Ford P/U. ('05 4wd 3/4)The brakes on the trailer work using the manual control but no trailer brakes when pressing the brake pedal on the truck.Any advice? After checking all that the instruction book call...

Towable Vehicles

Found the following link that gives a great summary of vehicles that can be towed behind your RV. Could not find anything like it here so thought I would post.Should verify the information with the manufacturer before making decisions.http://www.dav...

Trying to make a short list Honda, Toyota, Subaru or?

I am looking to buy a new to me daily driver that I can potentially tow flat.Nothing is set in stone yet, but the top three contenders are:Honda CRVToyota Rav4Subaru ForesterI am looking at models that are 2-3 years old with under 30,000 miles. Basi...

Tothill by Explorer
  • 16 replies
  • 0 likes

Lost my Doohickey Bar, HELP!!

Ok, so I towed down 3 hours to see family and go to a funeral and overnighted in my nieces back yard. Got myself in a hurry to unhook and set up and I am pretty sure I left the bar laying on the bumper of my truck and then drove away. :SIt is the pry...

sway control

I have a Reese Friction sway control. It worked well with my 27 foot TT. My new TT is a 32' Sprinter, I have read that two sway controls are needed for TT over 30' Does anyone have experience with this.

Northern Utah

Leaving Monday for the 4 day drive to pick up our new MH in Draper , UT.Have never been in Nothern Utah. Will be spending the first few nights at Utah Lake SP.Where to from there? Suggestions please. Like nature, forest, lakes, deserts all of the gr...

derouen6 by Explorer
  • 13 replies
  • 0 likes

ComfortAire Mattress opinions need

Looking at replacing our worn out mattress in our RV with a Sleep Number mattress. When we contacted them to order one they said that there is a $90 shipping fee on top of the price listed, regardless of whether we pick it up at the store or have it ...

Kids sports

I am just curious about this.Does anyone else have their kids in summer rep sports?My 10 year old plays AAA ball and he has been pretty sought after around our area from different teams.It really cuts into camping as much as we'd like to.Some may say...

samhain7 by Explorer
  • 25 replies
  • 0 likes

replacing keys

Hey everyone. My new to me TT is with my local shade tree mechanic getting a once over. It appears the keys (which I have not been able to make another set of since I got it) have gone missing. What is the best way to go about getting keys for it (it...

Jebby14 by Explorer
  • 23 replies
  • 0 likes

Backing up with toad

I was in a situation recently where the last spot could have been mine at a rest stop if I backed my toad into the spot. It would have been almost a straight shot into the spot. If someone was able to steer the toad wouldn't it be doable? i am talkin...

Question about running a carfax report on an rv.

We are getting ready to trade in our class C for a Sunstar class A. I ran a carfax report and it shows no warranty work or any repairs. Are they not always reported? Since we would be the third owners of a 2 year old coach, I'm guessing there must ...