cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Did I just get lucky?

pitch
Explorer II
Explorer II
I am constantly reading threads by people complaining that their camper had numerous problems at the PDI, and then other posters saying that it is to be expected and that these thing are******off the line.
Did I just get lucky or what? Admittedly mine is a hybrid tt so it is not as complicated as other rigs. We had 0 problems and 0 defects upon delivery. I have towed about 8000 miles and have about 60 nites on it and no problems yet.
Some things I am not crazy about, but everything functions as designed and the only thing that broke was a tire that had a staple in it.
What was your experience?
16 REPLIES 16

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
pitch wrote:
.... but everything functions as designed and the only thing that broke was a tire that had a staple in it.
What was your experience?

Well, there you go. Poor quality and terrible dealer is the reason you got a staple in your tire>>>:)

Seriously. You are lucky. It's unusual that you got a rig that needed absolutely zero dealer attention after delivery.
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro

certified106
Explorer
Explorer
You need to think about how many campers are sold per year and then think about how many complaints you see here. The majority of the people who complain are furious about something and come here to voice their complaints and most of the people who are happy are out camping and having a great time and you never hear from them.

On my current rig (Jayco 28BHS)I have had to use my warranty for two things a slide adjustment and a nut that loosened up on my black tank. To be quite honest I don't think any of those things are all that major for it being 1.5 years old and my dealer took perfect care of me with no questions asked. Either of those things above could have been from the repeated abuse of me dragging it state to state and bouncing down the road so I'm not upset at all since it 1.5 years old and both of these just had to be dealt with this year. When I picked it up from the dealer new there wasn't a thing wrong with it.

On my previous rig (Jayco 19BH) I never had to take my camper back for a single thing in the 3 years I owned it.
2004.5 Dodge Ram 2500 Cummins
Hypertech Tuner Running Stage 2
2013 Jayco 28BHS