cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Ever want to go to London?

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
I am just home from a week and if you want to see the pix and so on? They are on my Facebook page and in Public view.

https://www.facebook.com/gwhaupt

Gary Haupt
I have a Blog..about stuff, some of which is RV'ing.

http://mrgwh.blogspot.ca/
13 REPLIES 13

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Gary, your original post makes it sound like you have been back from London a week, never saw where you asked a question before going on your trip. And, your pictures were very nice.

In your title you said "Ever want to go to London?"..... some said yes, some said no. ๐Ÿ˜„

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
All I wanted to do was firstly, ask for tips as I was on my way to London. And, secondly now...to offer those that want to, a peek at my London pictures.

Gary

SoundGuy
Explorer
Explorer
Mr.Mark wrote:
RMB (above), I respect your opinion and view but I don't agree that 'everybody' hates us.

I think (if you are serious) you are really short-changing yourself of a true worldly experience by not meeting people different than us.

Nice try, but engaging with a committed isolationist who doesn't know what he doesn't know and demonstrates a complete lack of understanding of the world as it is today (assuming he is serious) is no different than preaching to an empty pew and is a complete waste of time. :R
2012 Silverado 1500 Crew Cab
2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 192RBS
2003 Fleetwood Yuma * 2008 K-Z Spree 240BH-LX
2007 TrailCruiser C21RBH * 2000 Fleetwood Santa Fe
1998 Jayco 10UD * 1969 Coleman CT380

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
I've been to London many times and it's a beautiful place to see.

RMB (above), I respect your opinion and view but I don't agree that 'everybody' doesn't like us. In fact, it's completely the opposite. What you hear on the news and see on TV is very microscopic.

I took a 'around-the-world' trip (30 days) in 1996 by private jet. We started in Los Angeles and ended in New York City. We stopped in Fiji, Australia, Burma, India, Dubai, Chez Republic, Morocco and all surrounding areas in these countries.

On other trips, I've been to Scotland, Ireland, Italy, France, Spain, Turkey, Germany, Greece, Russia, Finland, Norway, Sweden, Hungry, Romania, Croatia, Netherlands, all through the Caribbean, Canada, Mexico, etc. (I'm sure I've forgotten one or two).

My experience has been that most people want EXACTLY the same things that we do, PEACE, raise a good family, have a good job, etc. Everyone that I personally had interaction with over 30 yrs. of traveling were so nice and friendly.

I think (if you are serious) you are really short-changing yourself of a true worldly experience by not meeting people different than us. But, you certainly have that right. Surely, there are rough area's in the world but those are just a few grains of sand in the whole picture.

Safe travels,
MM.
Mr.Mark
2021.5 Pleasure Way Plateau FL Class-B on the Sprinter Chassis
2018 Mini Cooper Hardtop Coupe, 2 dr., 6-speed manual
(SOLD) 2015 Prevost Liberty Coach, 45 ft, 500 hp Volvo
(SOLD) 2008 Monaco Dynasty, 42 ft, 425 hp Cummins

Range_Maggot_Bo
Explorer
Explorer
No, I do not want to go to London. Or anywhere else in the whole world except the U.S. I've got an old-fashioned redneck attitude when it comes to the rest of the world. They don't like me, they don't want me in their country, well guess what? They will never have to worry, cause I'm going nowhere but the lower 48 and Alaska. And I guess I'll have to go by ferry to get there, cause I don't like Canada either. Hmphhhh. :W

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
Been to London three times, found it very nice for a large European city.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

garyhaupt
Explorer
Explorer
TNGW1500SE wrote:
Nope, but I do want to go to British Columbia!

Well, come on up!!!

Gary

TNGW1500SE
Explorer
Explorer
Nope, but I do want to go to British Columbia!

pnichols
Explorer II
Explorer II
"Ever want to go to London?"

Gary ... nope.

But the DW and myself sure enjoy the many British mystery series on Netflix that seem to always take place in that beautiful English countyside.

Cities are not our cup of tea. i.e. We live just a hop, skip, and a jump from San Francisco and rarely go there. ๐Ÿ™‚
2005 E450 Itasca 24V Class C

CavemanCharlie
Explorer II
Explorer II
Very interesting architecture. Most of the buildings they construct these days are so plain. Lots of cranes. Lots of boats. And lots of food. No raw oysters for me though thanks.

I had fun looking at the picture thanks for posting.

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
Been there a few times, very nice place, albeit a bit dirty...especially the Underground.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Been to a couple Londons (both in North America) and the London Bridge (It's in Arizona).
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

Mr_Mark1
Explorer
Explorer
Good pics Gary.

Safe travels,
MM.

(I like the dead/stupid excerpt)
Mr.Mark