cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

If you're Talladega bound...

Halmfamily
Explorer
Explorer
Do not bring firewood or expect to have a campfire. A strict fire ban has just been put in place for Talladega and surrounding counties. Fines will not be cheap. Signs are already up at the campgrounds and enforemental will be in place.

Stay safe and have fun.
2008 GMC Sierra 3500 SLT DRW D/A 4x4 (Big All)
2006 Ford F350 PSD SRW King Ranch 4x4 (Henry) (Sold)
B&W Companion, 90 Aux Fuel Tank, Scan Gauge II, Curt f/m hitch, Swagman XC
2015 Forest River Sierra 360 PDEK
DW Diane, DS Michael, FB Draco and Sabian
8 REPLIES 8

BamaBen
Explorer
Explorer
Hey Russ..pump the brakes on the lynch mob. The rules put out by the track are "grills must be 3 feet off the ground" (reading is fundamental). NOW. Have you ever cooked your dinner over wood? Did I put out anything that said to go out and light a FU%king BON fire? NO. Get the fire off the ground as requested and keep it responsible and there shouldn't be a issue. Put out a little redneck intervention and some high almighty comes out and says you can't do it. LMAO. You my friend are what is wrong with this country now..do what THE MAN says be damned.
1999 F-250 XLT
2016 PALOMINO BACKPACK

rhagfo
Explorer III
Explorer III
BamaBen wrote:

BamaBen wrote:

It amazes me how some people just don't understand what a "Fire Ban" means and think they have a way around it.

Fire Ban most often means No Open Flames, ground and brush are tinder dry. I love BamaBen's fire pit set right over dry grass! :S

Darn it I am Camping and I am going to have a Campfire the **** the Ban.

I just hope you have a very large coverage on you Liability Policy!!

If you are found to have caused a wildfire you can be held responsible for all damage and cost of fighting.
Russ & Paula the Beagle Belle.
2016 Ram Laramie 3500 Aisin DRW 4X4 Long bed.
2005 Copper Canyon 293 FWSLS, 32' GVWR 12,360#

"Visit and Enjoy Oregon State Parks"

Strabo
Explorer
Explorer
I'd bring our propane fire pit. They work fine.
04' F350 PSD TB SC FX4 XLT, TH-04' 32' Sandpiper Sport Fifthwheel WB Dual Axle
07' Rhino 686 SS106-ITP-AFE-BRP-T4-CDI-KIBBLEBWHITE-CVT-TSTICH-Ridgid LED LightBar-HID Conversion Kit-LIVEWIRE
04' Honda 250 Sportstrac quad
05' Honda 400 Ranchers quad

BigRabbitMan
Explorer
Explorer
BamaBen wrote:

Dryer drums such as this make great fire pits/holders. Feeds the right amount of air and lets you see the fire real well.
BigRabbitMan
Gas to Diesel Conversion project
76 FMC #1046, Gas Pusher became a Diesel Pusher
Discussion thread on this site
"You're never too old to learn something stupid."

BamaBen
Explorer
Explorer
1999 F-250 XLT
2016 PALOMINO BACKPACK

BamaBen
Explorer
Explorer
1999 F-250 XLT
2016 PALOMINO BACKPACK

BamaBen
Explorer
Explorer
55 gallon drum slice on the horizontal. 4 legs 3 feet long spot weld 1 to each corner. The notice was that grills had to be 3 feet off the ground. Anybody ask...that is your grill.
1999 F-250 XLT
2016 PALOMINO BACKPACK

tinner12002
Explorer
Explorer
Yes we just found that out Thursday...campfires are a big part of the camping ritual after dark. Trying to think of something that will work in place of a fire...any ideas? That will surely put a crimp in the firewood economy there!
2015 Ram 3500/DRW/Aisin/auto/Max tow/4.10s,Cummins, stock Laramie Limited--Silver
Tequila Sunrise 2012 Ultra Classic Limited
2018 Raptor 428SP