cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Mor Ryde vs. Demco Glide Ride

fordtch8
Explorer
Explorer
I am considering replacing my pin box mainly to help alleviate moderate chucking. From a design point of view I like the Demco more, but doing searches it seems like there are more happy Mor Ryde owners out there. The price on the Mor Ryde is about 150 cheaper. Does anyone have any positive or negative experiences with these? Anyone ever used both? Thanks
2007 F350 6.0 PSD Crew cab 8 Foot Bed

2013 Crusader 298BHD
6 REPLIES 6

stickdog
Explorer
Explorer
I just replaced the side plates on my Demco Glide Ride under warranty it is original equipment on my 2004 Hitchhiker. We've owned it 6 1/2 years and have towed it 45,000 miles. Don't know how many miles by previous owner. I'd get another if I ever get a new 5er.
9-11 WE WILL NEVER FORGET!
FULLTIME SINCE 2010
17 DRV MS 36rssb3
17 F350 King Ranch CC DRW 4x4 6.7 4:10 B&W hitch
John
โ€œA good traveler has no fixed plans, and is not intent on arriving.โ€ Lao Tzu

GoPackGo
Explorer
Explorer
Been fulltiming with a Mor/Ryde kingpin for 3 years now and would not have anything else.

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
Trying to figure out which of the two would work best with the Andersen coupler attached to it as it changes the position of where the load is applied to it. The ball sits ~5" forward of the kingpin
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

TXiceman
Explorer
Explorer
Previous trailer had the Mor/Ryde pin box and the current one has the Demco Glide.

The Mor/Ryde will need the rubber blocks replace occasionally. The Demco will need the links and bushing replaced.

The Mor/Ryde does little on side to side. It has guide tubes and is mostly fore and aft.

As for operation and use, they both do pretty much the same and reduce the chucking. So make your pick and enjoy the road.

Ken
Amateur Radio Operator.
2023 Cougar 22MLS, toted with a 2022, F150, 3.5L EcoBoost, Crewcab, Max Tow, FORMER Full Time RVer. Travel with a standard schnauzer and a Timneh African Gray parrot

N-Trouble
Explorer
Explorer
I believe there are a lot more of the MorRyde pinboxes out in the wild and why you see more reviews on them. The MorRyde handles both for/aft and side-to-side dampening. The Demco is just for/aft but looks like it has a wider range of motion than the MorRyde.
2015 Attitude 28SAG w/slide
2012 GMC 2500HD SLT Duramax
B&W Turnover w/Andersen Ultimate 5er hitch

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
We have the Demco Glide Ride because we use an Andersen Ultimate hitch. The Glide Ride was recommended by Andersen and our dealer because of the way it keeps the kingpin plate horizontal. We are extremely happy with it. We have MOR/ryde independent suspension on our rig, so I'm a big fan of that company, too - and have talked with many satisfied users of the MOR/ryde pin box. I think you would probably be happy either way - and either will make a HUGE difference in bucking, chucking, and your ride in the truck.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015