Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

NSA ReadyBrake on a Newer Honda CRV?

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
Hey, kids.

Has anyone here personally installed a NSA Ready Brake on a new (2012-2014) Honda CRV/AWD ?

There are issues regarding cable placement that their instructions do not account for.

http://www.storyandpicture.com/readybrake

If you have installed this specific item, let me know!

Thanks in advance!
4 REPLIES 4

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
Perick wrote:
I'll triple check myself.

At least a triple.:S

Perick
Explorer
Explorer
Oh wow... I will definitely be careful when I get to that part then. I already had my reservations about that step now I'll triple check myself.

deprived
Explorer
Explorer
Perick wrote:
I'd also like to hear about this, though my CRV is a 2010, I'm really considering getting a ReadyBrake later this summer.

Well, I am in the middle of an install. It's actually very easy to install. But there are some very serious issues with the 2012-up CRVs regarding cable placement.

In the exact spot you are supposed to drill in the floorboard (according to their video), there is a huge rats-nest of brake lines and line brackets. I nicked the vinyl jacket on one of the lines. A fraction of an inch to the left and I would have had a very very expensive repair on my hands.

As it is, the only "safe" place I managed to drill is well off-center of the brake pedal, which is the issue I'm having. I sent NSA/Ready Brake a few pictures of my install and they seemed to think it would work but the situation I'm dealing with is not optimal at all.

I'm not sure this is the case with your 2010 CRV but I advise that you remove the front wheel and very carefully inspect the firewall before drilling - even tiny pilot holes.

In my case, I am going to drill one more pilot hole from the firewall side and see if I can improve cable placement that way.

Perick
Explorer
Explorer
I'd also like to hear about this, though my CRV is a 2010, I'm really considering getting a ReadyBrake later this summer.