Did you mean:ย 

Progressive Insurance

darrellc57
Explorer
Explorer
done
12 REPLIES 12

beemerphile1 wrote:

What you described sounds like the termination strip at the front failed allowing air under the membrane. Is that what happened? I don't see how a storm could cause it to happen.

I can easily see how a storm could have caused the membrane to come loose and still be under the termination strip.

My properly-maintain rubber roof came loose while driving 60 mph into 40-45 mph headwinds on two consecutive days. That 100+ mph effective wind loosened a 10x8 foot area so the OP's storm could have done the same thing if the winds were high enough.

My auto insurance company paid for a replacement roof with no hassle at all. (Wind damage.)
2015 Crossroads Rushmore Springfield
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
darrellc57 wrote:
The roof cleaner I used was made by Dicor.And as far as doing nothing after a storm I did not see any damage to the roof before pulling down the road.But thanks for your comment.This membrane did not come off by the termination strip coming loose because it started behind that area.The fact of the matter is that I have insurance for a reason and Progressive did everything that they possibly do to not pay this claim.They have fabricated story after story.When I prove them wrong they come up with a different reason.

Hope it works out for you.
Build a life you don't need a vacation from.

2016 Silverado 3500HD DRW D/A 4x4
2018 Keystone Cougar 26RBS
2006 Weekend Warrior FK1900

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
darrellc57 wrote:

done

* This post was edited 08/16/17 10:20am by darrellc57 *

and that is why I often quote the OP in entirety.

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
in General insurance companies are in the business of Denying claims.

I have one progressive policy but it is PL/PD only (no damage to my vehicle) or as I like to say it's a $2,000.00 deductible on my car (Which cost me 2,000.00 used).

The RV is with Nationwide.

now.. for 4 years I've been basically pissed at Nationwide. here is why.. When my wife crashed our just (4 days earlier) used car and died.. The police ask for a declaration of financial responsibility.... Under both Michigan and South Carolina law if you have an existing automobile police and buy a new or used vehicle, or rent one. the existing policy is "Extended" to cover the new purchase/Rental for a period of days.. MUCH LONGER than 2 business days or 4 calander days (30 to be specific) They refused to sign the form said the Motor home is NOT a Automobile (Say What? Engine, Drive train,, It has "Auto" gone almost 4,000 miles, plus a hundred or so on a tow truck).

But.. after I blew the enging I filed a claim on the theory it MIGHT be a road hazard that killed it (Suggestion from forum members) Turns out that was a great idea.. Once we got her up in the air and Lewis and I sat under it and looked about at the big hole in the oil pan.. and the little holes in the oil cooler lines that were responsible.. Well.. I won't go into the details but after a few go-rounds on the invoice and other things... nationwide PAID FOR THE REPLACEMENT ENGINE.. So I've forgiven them.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

darrellc57
Explorer
Explorer
The roof cleaner I used was made by Dicor.And as far as doing nothing after a storm I did not see any damage to the roof before pulling down the road.But thanks for your comment.This membrane did not come off by the termination strip coming loose because it started behind that area.The fact of the matter is that I have insurance for a reason and Progressive did everything that they possibly do to not pay this claim.They have fabricated story after story.When I prove them wrong they come up with a different reason.

DownTheAvenue
Explorer
Explorer
Typically, the roof membrane will only come loose from the roof decking if the glue fails. The glue can fail by using a cleaner that penetrates the membrane and dissolves the glue (bond) between the roof decking and membrane. Petroleum based products will do that, and many "rubber roof cleaners" surprisingly have petroleum products in them. I am sorry for your issue, but you my well have caused your own problem. I hope this works out for you.

GordonThree
Explorer
Explorer
K Charles wrote:
Progressive has been good to me.

The storm tore up your roof on July 22 and after doing nothing for 5 days you pulled it down the road on July 27 and tore off the antenna?

x2
2013 KZ Sportsmen Classic 200, 20 ft TT
2020 RAM 1500, 5.7 4x4, 8 speed

Captain_Happy
Explorer
Explorer
I've had Progressive Full-time Insurance on my motor home now for almost 3 years now. And ever year the rates have gone up. And I've never had to make any kind of claim with them.
This year a switched my truck insurance to USAA (they don't cover RV's), and it 6 month my renewal rate has gone down. I think this probably the first my insurance has ever gone down.

beemerphile1
Explorer
Explorer
darrellc57 wrote:
I want to warn all RV owners to avoid Progressive insurance.On 7/27 while pulling my camper the roof membrane came loose and damaged my vents and tore off my antenna.I made a claim to Progressive on 7/28 and was advised to take the camper to the closest dealership which was Pontiac RV in Pontiac Illinois.I advised Progressive of a major storm event that had occurred in my home town on 7/22 and explained that I believed that the roof had been damaged by hail or tree branched that had been blown down.The serviced manager at the dealership also confirmed that there must have been storm damage for this to occur.When the adjuster looked at the trailer he first indicated that the cause of damage was from improper maintenance.This camper is a 2014 model and my 7th RV.When I informed him that I inspect and clean my roof at least every 90 days and provided receipts for rubber roof cleaner and Dicor lap sealant then I was informed that Progressive would investigate further.I called my agent with my displeasure and was assured that they were reconsidering.I also supplied weather reports from the national weather service along with radar images proving the fact that a major storm with damaging winds and hail had occurred on 7/22.10 days went by and I got a call from the adjuster telling me that Holiday Rambler had used the wrong glue on the roof because it had a OSB Roof deck.I contacted Monaco who now owns Holiday Rambler.(Rev group)I supplied them with my vin and was informed that Progressives claim of the wrong glue was totally false.I also contacted Dicor and they also confirmed that the proper adhesive was used.The bottom line is that the worms will come up with total lies to avoid paying claims. I am currently seeking legal help and plan to bring a law suit to regain the money that should have been paid without question on this claim.I have also filed a complaint with the Illinois insurance commission and the. bbb.
Please avoid this company at all cost!!!!!!!

What you described sounds like the termination strip at the front failed allowing air under the membrane. Is that what happened? I don't see how a storm could cause it to happen.

Also the forum rules state;
Posts are not allowed in which a local, state, or federal consumer action board and/or legal counsel is/have been involved. This includes posts related to future, ongoing or past lawsuits.

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Progressive has been fantastic for me. First had their insurance on a brand new Class B that was totaled with 1700 miles on it. I had full replacement coverage and they paid off like a slot machine. Got Progressive, with full replacement coverage, on the replacement Class B and over the years my rates have steadily declined. When I moved up (on?) to a Class C I continued with Progressive and full replacement coverage. My premium has gone down yet again.

BTW, I get all my insurance thru a local independent agent who always searches out the best deals for me and she's been terrific at her job. I do get additional discounts from Progressive because they also insure my motorcycles, but for my S&B home and daily driver(s) I have Travelers.

K_Charles
Explorer
Explorer
Progressive has been good to me.

The storm tore up your roof on July 22 and after doing nothing for 5 days you pulled it down the road on July 27 and tore off the antenna?

mikebreeze
Explorer
Explorer
Welcome to rv.net and good luck in your quest. I have Progressive and have never filed a claim with them on the RV. I hope that I don't have to go through this if I ever do.
2006 Four Winds Majestic 23A