cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Suburban SW6P Water Heater

Brancor
Explorer
Explorer
Question here, Newbie to travel trailer here. First time water heater owner in a camper. Dealer has not responded to calls or emails. I have a 2016 Keystone Springdale Summerland Mini 1800BH. I just have a question on what I need to do to make sure my WH works correctly. I removed the bottom bunk mattress and board to see the holding tank, pump and back side of the water heater. I only see one (1) valve behind the water heater. The camper is winterized currently by the dealer. Not sure how upload a pic to show what I am asking. I can email it if need too. Between the red pipe and blue pipes for the hot and cold, there is a blue pipe that connections those to those pipes, the valve is at the bottom of that on the cold water connections. That valve is running with the connector pipe. When it is time to start to use this WH, do I need to turn that? If so, only after I have un-winterized the camper?

Updated pic link??
***Link Removed***
***Link Removed***

Thanks
Newbie....
2016 Keystone Summerland Mini 1800BH
7 REPLIES 7

Brancor
Explorer
Explorer
Great, Thank you for all of the help.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
That is in 'bypass' position (no water going into WH Tank)
Water can flow thru cold line (blue) up thru bypass line to hot line (red). Check valve in brass fitting on tank stops water from going backwards into WH Tank.

When ready to use...turn handle 1/4 turn so handle is aligned horizontally with the cold water inlet. Water will flow into tank at bottom and out at top to hot water lines.
Just like the one in picture I posted.

SW6P......
You have to turn gas control knob to pilot position/hold down and light pilot flame. Then turn gas control knob to ON position
Just surprised RV didn't come with direct ignition vs pilot flame
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

Brancor
Explorer
Explorer
Thanks for the responses. Yeah, SW6P is correct on the WH.

Here is the back of the water heater with connections. This unit is winterized with anode removed from the front side. At the bottom of the tank you can see a valve pointing up.

Old-Biscuit
Explorer III
Explorer III
Sounds like you have One 3-way valve on cold inlet line.

Valve handle parallel to cold inlet allows water to go into water heater tank (and out hot line when faucet is opened).

Valve handle perpendicular to cold water inlet stops water from going into water heater---bypasses the water to hot outlet line and a check valve in nipple on tank at hot out stops water from going back into tank

Here is a One 3-way valve set up for 'Normal' operation (water into water heater for heating)

Your title states SW6P :H

I'm surprised that a 2016 Model would use a 'pilot'
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

old_guy
Explorer
Explorer
you need to go back to dealer and finish you pre delivery class on your mh. you apparently did not get the full meal deal or you forgot some of it.

Trackrig
Explorer II
Explorer II
Use this to up-load pictures - very simple

Bill
Nodwell RN110 out moose hunting. 4-53 Detroit, Clark 5 spd, 40" wide tracks, 10:00x20 tires, 16,000# capacity, 22,000# weight. You know the mud is getting deep when it's coming in the doors.

Dutch_12078
Explorer II
Explorer II
Yes, after de-winterizing/flushing, turn the valve so it's crossways to the connector pipe, and inline with the cold pipe. Do not fire up the heater until it's full of water. In the position it's in now, the valve allows the cold water to flow across into the hot water pipes while shutting off the cold flow into the heater tank. There's a check valve on the hot outlet that prevents backfeeding into the tank from the outlet piping.
Dutch
2001 GBM Landau 34' Class A
F53 chassis, Triton V10, TST TPMS
Bigfoot Automatic Leveling System
2011 Toyota RAV4 4WD/Remco pump
ReadyBrute Elite tow bar/Blue Ox baseplate