cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems TPMS

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
This subject has probably been beaten to death, but I could find very little on it.
What's the best Tire Pressure Monitoring Systems, TPMS, for the buck in your opinion? Sorta leaning toward either the EEZ Tire Pressure System or the TST 507, both pass through.
How about installation? We were just at a Phoenix Cruiser Rally and the people I talked to that had them had them all mounted to the wheel covers. Some welded, some riveted on. Either way this does not sound like easy self installation.
Pass or flow through vs. standard? I'm leaning toward the pass through. I'm getting older at a rapid pace and the old hands just don't work like they use to. Simple is better!
Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!
15 REPLIES 15

fj12ryder
Explorer III
Explorer III
I can't imagine securing the sensors to the wheel covers, but I bought the flow-through sensors for the TST system and would not do that again. They simply don't flow enough air to allow for adding more than 1-2 psi. Adding 5 psi to a 16" tire takes forever. I remove my flow-through sensors if I have to add more than a couple psi.
Howard and Peggy

"Don't Panic"

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
I just had the second sensor rip the rivets out of the wheel cover for the valve extensions. I don't think they work very well on extensions. I have Pressure Pro TPMS.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

RCMAN46
Explorer
Explorer
garmp wrote:
I do apologize for raising the ire of some posters on this forum by re-asking an old question, but a portion of my request for information was passed over. I'm concerned about the attaching of the sensors to the wheel covers. It seems that a few of the people I have asked about the sensors had them attached to their wheel covers. Is this necessary?
I do want the pass/flow through type and am concerned about a weight/balance issue.
Thanks

As for the weight balance issue a I got some 1\4 ounce weights from a tire store and attached opposite the sensor.

Today I use balance beads which takes care of any balance problems.

As probably said metal valve stems are a must regardless of which TPMS senor is used.

garmp
Explorer II
Explorer II
I do apologize for raising the ire of some posters on this forum by re-asking an old question, but a portion of my request for information was passed over. I'm concerned about the attaching of the sensors to the wheel covers. It seems that a few of the people I have asked about the sensors had them attached to their wheel covers. Is this necessary?
I do want the pass/flow through type and am concerned about a weight/balance issue.
Thanks
Our 2351D Phoenix Cruiser, Jack, has turned us from campers into RVers and loving it!

Ron3rd
Explorer II
Explorer II
pawpaw47 wrote:
TST RV507 for us. We been using it for about 4 years now. Change the batteries annually and you wont have any issues at all. Oh, and you might consider using their repeater if your trailer is over 30 ft. long.
Good luck and happy camping!

TST 507 owner here for about 6 years. Good system but I did have to add the repeater when I went to the 35 ft trailer. The repeater is now included with all TST systems as standard equipment. It's a good system IMO but there's other good ones out there too, like Tireminder and others that folks are happy with.

When I bought mine years ago there was pretty much 2 major brands; TST and Pressure Pro. Lots more choices now.
2016 6.7 CTD 2500 BIG HORN MEGA CAB
2013 Forest River 3001W Windjammer
Equilizer Hitch
Honda EU2000

"I have this plan to live forever; so far my plan is working"

lmpres
Explorer
Explorer
Been using the TST for 4 years now. Never any issues. 41' 5th wheel and don't need a repeater. Have a tire store install the metal valve stems on your tires for you. As stated above, replace batteries each year....

pawpaw47
Explorer
Explorer
TST RV507 for us. We been using it for about 4 years now. Change the batteries annually and you wont have any issues at all. Oh, and you might consider using their repeater if your trailer is over 30 ft. long.
Good luck and happy camping!
2015 Starcraft Autumn Ridge 329BHU
2015 Starcraft AR-One 18QB
2014 GMC w/6.2L & max tow pkge.

ncrowley
Explorer II
Explorer II
Tire Minder is our preference. We have had ours for over 5 years and thecustomer service has been excellent and it works.
Nancy
Newmar Northern Star

garyemunson
Explorer
Explorer
I've had the eez for 3 years now. The batteries are easy to replace (and cheap). I have the non-flo-thru sensors. One less place to leak. Does not require any reprogramming after battery replacement. It just goes back to working. I really think they are all good. Anyone have a bad experience with a particular brand?

BB_TX
Nomad
Nomad
TST 507 for years now. Sensors screw on valve stems like a valve cap. Mine are not the flow thru type. I add 2-3 lbs air each spring and good for the season. I remove them each fall to conserve battery life. And put them back on in the spring after adding air if necessary.

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
jplante4 wrote:
I searched on tpms and got 24 pages. Beat to death? Uh Yup.

Not true, it is only beat to death once it has been thoroughly discussed as beat to death! :B
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

jplante4
Explorer II
Explorer II
I searched on tpms and got 24 pages. Beat to death? Uh Yup.
Jerry & Jeanne
1996 Safari Sahara 3530 - 'White Tiger'
CAT 3126/Allison 6 speed/Magnum Chassis
2014 Equinox AWD / Blue Ox

delwhjr
Explorer
Explorer
I have the TST and second the positive experience.
If you want the flow through make sure you have metal valve stems(TST recommedation) I took off the security ring on my caps and just screwed them on. Have many miles and no problems.
2022 Rockwood 2109S
2006 Durango HEMI

Second_Chance
Explorer II
Explorer II
Ltrip wrote:
I think this has been beaten to death. Try searching some more.

X2^^.

Rob
U.S. Army retired
2020 Solitude 310GK-R
MORryde IS, disc brakes, solar, DP windows
(Previously in a Reflection 337RLS)
2012 F350 CC DRW Lariat 6.7
Full-time since 8/2015