cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Whats the best 'spray-on' RV wash/cleaner ?

HelloImDavid
Explorer
Explorer
IVe used a good quality car wash product that has some carnauba wax in it , and it did a fair job but ive still got some mildew stains / ground in dirt / etc... left on the surface of the RV which is that newer plastic looking exterior panels they are using now .

Id like a product that I can spray on , let it set up for a few minutes, then blast off using my pressure washer. Im looking for a superb product with cost unimportant. I want it to look very clean.

Whats best that you've personally used ? Im looking for some kind of concentrated cleaner and I don't want it to take the wax off either.

Thanks, David. 2008 Class C. 24'
8 REPLIES 8

bob_nestor
Explorer III
Explorer III
Jagtech wrote:
I use a very dilute solution of dishwasher rinse agent in my final rinse. Dries absolutely spot and streak free.

Wow! Pure genius. Never thought about that, but it seems so damn obvious now.

Jagtech
Explorer
Explorer
I use a very dilute solution of dishwasher rinse agent in my final rinse. Dries absolutely spot and streak free.
1998 Triple E F53
1995 Jeep Wrangler toad

westend
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Mequires stuff in the pink bottle. It does not strip wax. Bucket of water & a soft bristle brush. Does a better job than some dinky electric pressure washer. For a pressure washer to work you will need at least 2000PSI. Trouble with that is if you are not very very careful you will do all kinds of damage to graphics & calking around windows.

I just love a pressure washer. Have had a gas one for years for boat bottoms & around the house.
Do you have any optional tips for the wand?

I use pressure washers frequently and it is more about how it's used with the correct tip than amount of pressure.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

westend
Explorer
Explorer
"Concentrated cleaner" and "leave the wax on" rarely exist together. The staining/mold/mildew is usually on the surface of the siding and not on top of a wax coating.
'03 F-250 4x4 CC
'71 Starcraft Wanderstar -- The Cowboy/Hilton

Carb_Cleaner
Explorer
Explorer
Veebyes wrote:
Mequires stuff in the pink bottle. It does not strip wax. ...

Meguiar's Deep Crystal Car Wash
Good stuff, but not miraculous. I don't know that it's any better than other car soaps. I'm just a creature of habit. Been using it for years.
'13 F250XL SC gas 4x4 8', Camper & Plow packages, StableLoads, LT285/65R-18 Goodyear Wrangler A/T Adventure, 18x9 Ultra Motorsports "Phantom" wheels
'12 Wolf Creek 850 TC Coleman Polar Cub 9.2k A/C, 90 watt solar, dual propane & batteries, Maggie Rack

PartyMarty
Explorer
Explorer
FREQUENT WASHING
is the best solution I have found .
A quicky wash after every trip works better for me than one concentrated effort every few months .
The product is less important than the frequency .

Veebyes
Explorer II
Explorer II
Mequires stuff in the pink bottle. It does not strip wax. Bucket of water & a soft bristle brush. Does a better job than some dinky electric pressure washer. For a pressure washer to work you will need at least 2000PSI. Trouble with that is if you are not very very careful you will do all kinds of damage to graphics & calking around windows.

I just love a pressure washer. Have had a gas one for years for boat bottoms & around the house.
Boat: 32' 1996 Albin 32+2, single Cummins 315hp
40+ night per year overnighter

2007 Alpenlite 34RLR
2006 Chevy 3500 LT, CC,LB 6.6L Diesel

Ham Radio: VP9KL, IRLP node 7995

downtheroad
Explorer
Explorer
HelloImDavid wrote:

Id like a product that I can spray on , let it set up for a few minutes, then blast off using my pressure washer. I want it to look very clean.

Whats best that you've personally used ? Im looking for some kind of concentrated cleaner and I don't want it to take the wax off either.

Thanks, David. 2008 Class C. 24'

Man o man, don't we wish..
I'll take something like this too, but I want it to do all this WITHOUT having to use a pressure washer to "blast it off." (too much risk of damage for me.)
"If we couldn't laugh we would all go insane."

Arctic Fox 25Y
GMC Duramax
Blue Ox SwayPro