cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Any Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 Inverter/Charger Users?

otrfun
Explorer II
Explorer II
Anyone using the Xantrex Freedom XC 2000 pure sine wave inverter/charger? On paper seems to fill a lot of boxes for only $668 (Amazon). 2x continuous (4000w) surge capability for at least 2 seconds. 80a charger output can be manually derated in 5a increments (automatically derates if overall a/c load becomes excessive). 30a transfer switch (surge rating; 24a continuous). Bluetooth capable with optional remote. User adjustable 3-stage charging parameters (up to 18vdc) along with preset charging profiles for all types of batteries including Lithium/LifePo4. Only weighs 16 lbs.

Couldn't find any parasitic/no-load current specs. Since it doesn't appear to be a low-frequency inverter, hopefully it's less than 1a (12w).

Any XC 2000 owners/users with comments about its realworld performance?
8 REPLIES 8

deltabravo
Nomad
Nomad
pianotuna wrote:
I'm sure there is a fan. Let's hope the fan runs off DC power

Yep, it's DC. All inverters I've used from Xantrex, and the predecessor companies that Xantrex bought (Heart Interface, Trace Engineering, Statpower) used DC fans.

The Xantrex inverter/charger units have a large footprint, so I didn't get one for my current RV. I went with a Victron Multiplus 2000 which I show in this video series
2009 Silverado 3500HD Dually, D/A, CCLB 4x4 (bought new 8/30/09)
2018 Arctic Fox 992 with an Onan 2500i "quiet" model generator

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Though I'm not at this time using it ad an inverter I did before the Motor home got totaled. Today it's a converter powering my ham radios and doign a mighty fine job.

I have one complaint about it.. Well and a couple of "nits" (Things that could be easier.

First the major complaint is the 120 volt connectors. they were a pain and I broke some of them hooking up 10ga wire Finally got it hooked up but had to solder a couple of 'em to make it work..

Now the only other thing is unilke the prosine it replaced there is no "Standby" or "Disable" on switch. the Prosine had a switch to disable the charger or the inverter (off/standy) this one does not. HOWEVER there is an ignition control option in the menu. and on the back there is a small connector (like very small and one of those (I forget what the other one does) One of them if you run a wire from it to Ground then using the "ignition sense" settings you can disable the charger or the inverter or both.

Basically I like it. Except for those 120 volt connectors.. 12ga wire might be easier to hook up and though it is good for 2000 watts (20 amps) it's designed to pass 30.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

2oldman
Explorer II
Explorer II
otrfun wrote:
. Bluetooth capable with optional remote.
If that means a remote on your phone, that's very cool. I just got a new Outback inverter but no bluetooth. Sure wish it had that instead of its own proprietary remote.
"If I'm wearing long pants, I'm too far north" - 2oldman

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
User manual more on temps: -4 to 140 ยบF (-20 to 60 ยบC), with output derated above 104 ยบF (40 ยฐC)

It has a low voltage alarm you can select voltage for, not clear how that works with the buck boost input feature unless you select the lowest.

has an ignition on/off you can choose to use when driving like a DC-DC charger has, except this would be just for the inverter 120v output, not for charging, so you would still want a DC-DC for that depending on your scenario I guess. Depends if fridge is on 120 or 12 to use DC-DC or not?

You can choose various Vabs and also--important!--Vabs times.
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
Looks fine to me. I would assume no load battery current is 1 to 2 amps. Depending on setup and conditions I would turn it off if not in use for an extended period.
I do not have this inverter.

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
If you want a 2000 watt Inverter/Charger. This is very good for an RV. It supports Lithium Battery charging. Doug

pianotuna
Nomad II
Nomad II
BFL13,

I prefer to consider it a discussion, not an argument.

Operating temperature of an inverter is important. I'm sure there is a fan. Let's hope the fan runs off DC power so that when the inverter/charger has been working "hard" it won't let of the magic blue smoke as my Magnum did.

2000 watts probably won't run a roof air--but then most folks don't attempt that.
Regards, Don
My ride is a 28 foot Class C, 256 watts solar, 556 amp-hours of Telcom jars, 3000 watt Magnum hybrid inverter, Sola Basic Autoformer, Microair Easy Start.

BFL13
Explorer II
Explorer II
https://www.xantrex.com/power-products/inverter-chargers/freedom-xc.aspx

Has PF corrected 80 amper so it can run on 15a circuit, maybe a 2000w gen.

Seems to have a built-in DC-DC buck boost for its inverter

Note operating temp limits though. (-4 to 104F) High temp limit seems low? See PT arguments with Steve wrt LFP high temps.

Another inverter's spec says Temperature Protection: 65ยฐC
Cooling Fan: depend on inner temperature rising above 45ยฐC
1. 1991 Oakland 28DB Class C
on Ford E350-460-7.5 Gas EFI
Photo in Profile
2. 1991 Bighorn 9.5ft Truck Camper on 2003 Chev 2500HD 6.0 Gas
See Profile for Electronic set-ups for 1. and 2.