cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

bypass switch just inside door for house batteries

cac43
Explorer
Explorer
before leaving on our trip when I turned on the bypass switch so I could use the inside lights nothing happened. we left on our trip -plugged into 120v for 2 days. sill nothing. there was a bad cable connecting the 2 batteries so I replaced it when we stopped tonight . then when I pushed the switch the lights
came on dimly when ever I pushed on or off but went out when I lifted my finger off the switch.
then I checked the batteries-water was ok, but charge was only 10.4 v. any idea if they might charge 0vernight while hooked to 120v, if they don't then ???? inverter???
thanks for your ideas, seems like I only post when in trouble, but do enjoy reading other posts. chuck. class c winnebago 2007
7 REPLIES 7

cac43
Explorer
Explorer
my tired brain says "I knew that"

wa8yxm
Explorer III
Explorer III
Oh by the way that is not a "Bypass" switch. it is a disconenct or on/off switch.
Bu turning it off the battery was unable to charge.
Home was where I park it. but alas the.
2005 Damon Intruder 377 Alas declared a total loss
after a semi "nicked" it. Still have the radios
Kenwood TS-2000, ICOM ID-5100, ID-51A+2, ID-880 REF030C most times

cac43
Explorer
Explorer
Flute Man-very sorry not getting back to you. no cell phone -no wifi. the problem was in the battery- everything ok now, thanks again very much for your offer of help. chcuk

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
cac43 wrote:
thanks for your unexpected offer. I probably couldn't call until later Sunday due to my wife's med problems. I will test the battery charge in the am to see if any charge with the new cable.
don't know what your Sunday schedule is and allowing for time zone difference would I text to see if you are available to talk. thanks very much! chuck
Yes text me. Two hours difference. Iโ€™ll be in church this morning.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141
Full-timer

Beverley_Ken
Explorer
Explorer
At 10.4 volts your batteries are virtually dead, (probably not getting a charge due to bad cable). Your converter may or may not charge them up overnight depending on battery condition/age etc. If you have a stand alone battery charger, it maybe a better option to recharge them.
Even if you get them up to full voltage, it would probably be wise to have them load tested. My 06 Winnebago Outlook c-class probably has the same converter as yours. Mine is plugged in at home, 12 months a year, when not being used and batteries turned on always. I just replaced the 2012 batteries this past June.

Ken
2006 Winnebago Outlook 29B E-450.
2012 Honda CR-V AWD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar and Brake Buddy Vantage.

cac43
Explorer
Explorer
thanks for your unexpected offer. I probably couldn't call until later Sunday due to my wife's med problems. I will test the battery charge in the am to see if any charge with the new cable.
don't know what your Sunday schedule is and allowing for time zone difference would I text to see if you are available to talk. thanks very much! chuck

Flute_Man
Explorer
Explorer
Call me and we can talk about it.
Jerry Parr
05 Mandalay 40B
Cat C7 350
04 Honda CR-V
Ham Radio K7OU
Retired EE
Jrparr32@gmail.com
602-321-8141