cancel
Showing results forย 
Search instead forย 
Did you mean:ย 

Dometic AC, Thermostat no power, where is 12v fuse?

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Air conditioning stopped working on my last trip. LCD thermostat display is blank. It's not getting 12VDC. Thermostat has 3 wires going to control box thats mounted just above the filter grill.

In my trailers circuit box there is no 12V fuse for AC, only a breaker for 110V. I'm assuming that the air conditioner supplies the 12V for the controller and tstat and that there is a fuse somewhere.

Is fuse inside the grey control box thats mounted above the filter grill or perhaps up on the roof under the shroud somewhere?

TStat I have is similar to this one:

Dometic LCD Thermostat
2014 Winnebago 26FWRKS 5th Wheel
2007.5 Dodge 2500 6.7L Diesel
2004 Dodge Durango Hemi 3.55 (Used to tow TT)
10 REPLIES 10

Rooted
Explorer
Explorer

Did you ever find the solution? I have the same problem. 

-Andy
2005 Triple E Commander 3712 (24 Workhorse Chassis)

After ten years the OP is probably gone like most former members.

2020 Keystone Cougar 22RBS, Ram 1500, two Jacks and plenty of time to roam!
The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits. A.E.
Good Sam Life Member

Didnโ€™t even notice the timestamp, just the title of a similar problem ha. 

-Andy
2005 Triple E Commander 3712 (24 Workhorse Chassis)

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Bobbo wrote:
Not to berate the obvious, but you DO have your house battery connected, right? If you use the battery disconnect switch, you lose the 12v to the thermostat as well as most everything else.

Yes, that would cause many other items to not function if running on battery. This is while fully hooked up, battery connected too.

Bobbo
Explorer II
Explorer II
Not to berate the obvious, but you DO have your house battery connected, right? If you use the battery disconnect switch, you lose the 12v to the thermostat as well as most everything else.
Bobbo and Lin
2017 F-150 XLT 4x4 SuperCab w/Max Tow Package 3.5l EcoBoost V6
2017 Airstream Flying Cloud 23FB

mileshuff
Explorer
Explorer
Chris Bryant wrote:
Normally, the 12 volt power for the A/C will feed from the furnace.

Looked into that and you are correct. Pulled the furnace cover off and there is a 12V circuit breaker that feeds the tstat. Reset that but still no display on the tstat. I did not have shore power hooked up but I would think thats not needed unless I want A/C. Tomorrow I'll get my volt meter out and do some more checking.

Chris_Bryant
Explorer
Explorer
Normally, the 12 volt power for the A/C will feed from the furnace.
-- Chris Bryant

Old-Biscuit
Explorer II
Explorer II
Deleted.....
Is it time for your medication or mine?

2007 DODGE 3500 QC SRW 5.9L CTD In-Bed 'quiet gen'
2007 HitchHiker II 32.5 UKTG 2000W Xantex Inverter
US NAVY------USS Decatur DDG31

dougrainer
Nomad
Nomad
There IS a 12 volt fuse in the 12 volt fuse section of your RV for the roof AC. The Roof AC does NOT convert the 120 volts to 12 volts. The 12 volt power is one of the small gauge wires at the roof AC control box and the 3 wires going to the wall tstat supply the power to the wall tstat. Doug

time2roll
Nomad
Nomad
The 12v feed does come from the grey box up in the ceiling however there is no fuse up there afaik. Good to go up there and check 12v power though.

I think the fuse will still be part of the stack near the converter. Just a likely to be a bad connection up near the grey box.

Good luck.